JAW appreciation and feedback

First: I feel like the writers have found a MUCH better pacing for the story. I like seeing all the little references to GW1 and to the White Mantle story line from LWS3. I can see some tidbits of where the story may progress after this expac. Clearly doing something with the Pale Tree needs to happen, and Caithe waxing poetic about being a momma is steering really hard in a certain direction.

Second: I love these maps! I had actually just finished a mountain vacation with friends a few weeks ago, and I remember commenting to my wife that there is this feeling of calmness and serenity when you're in the mountains. I could feel that in places in these maps. The theme was nailed here. The maps also feel great to play and have some very fun events. I liked the adventures, though a few feel too long in duration.

Third: I greatly appreciate this new take on hearts. I hate hearts, they are the worst part of mapping core Tyria. I love when maps do not have hearts. The introduction of an item that allows me to redeem at the heart vendor to auto complete them that I get just from playing the events in the map is great. That aside, other than the SE heart on the second map I felt that each was well done and not too cumbersome to just do either. I like the way these hearts are done overall compared to previously. Nice work.

Fourth: I liked that mobs and events were not so easy, but I did not think anything in particular was too difficult either. The meta bosses are a tight DPS check for sure. Maybe reducing their health some would help there, or reduce the time needed during the warclaw phases so that more time can be spent doing actual DPS?

Fifth: Homesteads, I have not had the time to do any decorating, but I do like how large the instance is, I like the fishing spots, and I like that the nodes are arranged tightly for each type. Being able to interact with my mounts in the stable is super cute and a nice touch. Like the actual maps, you nailed the ambiance of the homestead. It actually feels welcoming and charming to be in.

All in all, this is shaping up to be a great expansion. Great job to everyone at Anet. I will leave off with a few other remarks. With how nice these maps felt, it hammers home that new maps have not been added to the competitive modes in a rather long time. I'm sure the PvP crowd would love a few extra maps for more variety. For WvW, replacing one of the Alpine BLs with a new map would be great, but also adding extra maps in general would be great. I know that the UI would have to be updated, but this would also allow more people into WvW at a given time since extra maps would accommodate more people. We could have a few Cantha themed maps, and a few SotO themed ones (think of the sky battles!). So, please strongly consider new maps for the competitive modes. Thanks.