Renown Token outside of Janthir

Renown Tokens  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should Renown Token System be expanded?

• Core Tyria
    • Path of Fire
    • Cantha
    • Living Seasons
    • Renown Heart Mastery System for Historical Content
    • No

With the addition of the Renown Token in Janthir Wilds, it would be good to expand this system to other areas in the world, especially core tyria.

Similar to Testimony of Jade Heroics, which can be exchanged for the completion of a skill point in core tyria or a hero point in the expansions, when the renown token system is expanded, they could be exchanged for a core tyria completion (1:1) or for living seasons or expansions zones which have hearts (4:1 - like Janthir). 

Adding a vendor, similar to the Heroics Notary vendor, that allows the exchange of the currency or for a "Local Write of Renown" as they are currently known, to complete a heart within a specific zone, or within a region.

Edited by Atlas.2173
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Added. Why would you not want it expanded?

It would mean some historical content can be completed/accesses more easily. Janthir vendors can be accessed once completed. Other heart vendors need to have their heart completed to access their menu regardless of previous completions.

Edited by Atlas.2173

theres absolutely no reason to add Renown tokens for older content, as older renown hearts either; do not require/allow of multiple completion, are easier to complete, or lack any rewards worth repeating multiple times.

it is a novel addition introduced in JW to help relieve some of the grind to the new tiered rewards, which is there to give players more rewards than would previously be available; older hearts don't have those rewards.

the only benefit to adding renown tokens for older hearts is faster map completion

• Thanks 1

I hate it when ppls use this reason, but in this case it is appropriate for me:  I don't want devs using their time to fix things that aren't broken. How would it even work in core tyria? It has no repeatable hearts. Are you looking to introduce repeatable hearts? That's a hard no for me. For areas with repeatable hearts, okay, it would be nice to insta-complete them if I want to get back to them, but how often does that happen and what would I do with the tokens in the interim? It's just more inventory clutter . . .

2 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

the only benefit to adding renown tokens for older hearts is faster map completion

It actually wouldn't help with that bc a toon has to have completed the heart once before it can use the tokens . . .

EDIT: If OP's only goal is making the repeatable heart vendors available once the heart has been completed once regardless of daily completion then okay, I'm in favor. But I don't need the token system to make that happen . . .

Edited by Gop.8713
  • Thanks 1

If Core Renown Tokens would be one type of token for all of Core and not map specific, I could see a use for them to get a Gift of Exploration a bit faster. Any character that has already completed a map in Core could earn those tokens. A new character could burn Tokens within range of an incomplete Heart to fill it up faster (in addition to Testimonies being able to unlock a random Hero Point). That would make map completion for WvW players to get GoE quicker (as long as we don't get any GoB <=> GoE exchange rate via a vendor etc.).
I would like to use those Tokens on Hearts that take forever to fill up or where you compete with other players for relevant items.

• Like 1

The intention would be for these writs to behave similarly to testimonies of jade heroics which complete hero challenges. These writs would complete hearts. Core Tyria/non/repeatable hearts would be completed through the use of these writs. The renown tokens represent a currency that could be created.

Primarily, to aid in map completion or completion of daily/tedious hearts on alts. Say Draconic Mons or Siren's Landing.

Edited by Atlas.2173