Rift Bouncer achievement is too difficult and upscaled [Soto]

I have tried Rift Bouncer too many times, and every time there are 3 problems even though we take as much cc as we can as a group.

The event upscales so toughly, if you are with 2 people elites spawn already while juggling 10 creatures at the same time, mobs barely react to slowing cc that are not roots and the mobs spawn way to close to the rift in most locations. These 3 issues combined makes it almost impossible to get progress in this achievement if you are not with a full 50 man squad. 

Please fix this horrifying achievement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I remember doing that achievement with less than 5 people. if I remember well, you don't have to kill every mob, only the one with the sword icon try to cross the rift (and it's rare there is more than 3 at the same time), so simply focus on those, and you should be good, then kill the other ones when you have time to spare.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

I remember doing that achievement with less than 5 people. if I remember well, you don't have to kill every mob, only the one with the sword icon try to cross the rift (and it's rare there is more than 3 at the same time), so simply focus on those, and you should be good, then kill the other ones when you have time to spare.

This.

While this achievement can upscale and then you are reliant on other players and their builds, bringing a proper build yourself will go a long way in keeping enemies from entering the rift and as mentioned: it's only the enemies with a marker above their head which are relevant to begin with and those are limited.

Now this will heavily rely on players doing damage. Poor builds which can barely break 2k dps will struggle. I'd recommend any player struggling here to go to the damage golem and check their personal build first, before complaining about "difficulty" (that's actually advice I'd always give in regards to PvE).

• Like 1

I have a fresh air ele power spear build that is good, my dps is high, but the rifts often have short paths from the spawn points. And for the amount, I have already gotten 6 and 8 at a time, so i'm not sure if things have changed or events get upscaled by map population rather than players currently at the event, because every spawn I keep getting elites with multiple mobs at the same time. If you try to do the event solo or with a small group it almost always just fails.

I think there is one T1 rift location that is pretty hard to do (because enemies spawn on 3 sides close to the rift) (over by the coliseum area in a valley). otherwise I cant think of the last time I saw a rift let an enemy through. solo or groups doing it.

The trick, if you are struggling, is to pack some cc, and cc and dps the marked enemies (red icons over heads) quickly. if you cant, you need to go look up a guide and get better spec/gear, you should be able to do this easily.

The T1 rift location on the very eastern side of the map against the cliffs, just a bit north of the first way point is a very easy location to do this from. as is the other location on the rock just north of the southern beacon.

Edited by Cameirus.8407