Skiff Bug During EoD Story Step 'The Scenic Route'

I'm not sure if this started happening with a recent patch, but when entering the instance for sailing to New Kaineng the skiff either just randomly despawns or I can't do anything, not even anchor as for some reason the game just gives me an error that I need to do so in deeper water, until I dismount anyway.  I've logged out and entered the instance multiple times, but there just doesn't seem to be a way to keep going without dropping Navan in the water first.

After some checking the water there is definitely deep enough to anchor after dismounting and then mounting again.

• Like 2

There are several skiff-related EoD story steps and achievement that can no longer be done without the skiff despawning at some point. Very annoying, and sad to see that ANet does not seem to have the resources to fix their old expansions, because every new release also comes with a variety of bugs.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Update related to this bug.  Just discovered that the skiff ends up randomly despawning a few seconds after boarding it in the homestead as well.  From what I can tell from this, it seems this particular bug happens if the skiff auto spawns in an instance.

• Like 1

After obtaining my fishing skiff, and picking up Navan I head to the portal and select Yes to the message "Would you like to continue your story: The Scenic Routs.. Then I appear on the other side of the portal still in the fishing skiff with Navan, but as some as I move the skiff forward it disappears, and Navan and my character are in the water. Then we swim to shore and we can walk up to Marjory Delaqua, but I cannot get anyone on the peer to interact. I have seen other peoples online videos, and their skiff did not disappear after going the portal, and they traveled successfully to the pier and spoke with Marjory. I have restarted The Scenic Rout from the beginning 3 time, and the same issue occurs. Can you help me solve this issue? I even started another chapter, and then restarted the End of Dragons - 5 - The Scenic Route, but I get the same issue. 

4 hours ago, Jim Billy Bob.5802 said:

After obtaining my fishing skiff, and picking up Navan I head to the portal and select Yes to the message "Would you like to continue your story: The Scenic Routs.. Then I appear on the other side of the portal still in the fishing skiff with Navan, but as some as I move the skiff forward it disappears, and Navan and my character are in the water. Then we swim to shore and we can walk up to Marjory Delaqua, but I cannot get anyone on the peer to interact. I have seen other peoples online videos, and their skiff did not disappear after going the portal, and they traveled successfully to the pier and spoke with Marjory. I have restarted The Scenic Rout from the beginning 3 time, and the same issue occurs. Can you help me solve this issue? I even started another chapter, and then restarted the End of Dragons - 5 - The Scenic Route, but I get the same issue. 

You can use the summon skiff mastery even while you're in the water.  You and Navan will board instantly when you do.

As for the skiff disappearing, it's because it's currently bugged.  It's not supposed to happen.

You can use the summon skiff mastery even while you're in the water.  You and Navan will board instantly when you do.

As for the skiff disappearing, it's because it's currently bugged.  It's not supposed to happen.

Not familiar with "Bugs" in the system. When something like this happens I usually lean towards it's my fault. This has restored some sanity for me. Thank you.