Thoughts on Oct 8 patch for Engi

coro.3176

11 hours ago, MaLong.2079 said:

This is no buff though, it is a nerf in disguise.  A stunbreak is only useful if you are immobilized (of course! 😁) but blinding the opponent for 5 seconds on a 15 second cooldown is useful at any time.

If they just added the stunbreak then that would be good and I would consider it balanced because using the skill to blind your opponent would run the risk of having the stunbreak on cool down when needed. But adding the stunbreak and almost doubling the cool down from 15 to 25 seconds for both the stunbreak and the blindness... thats a hard nerf on the blindess.

I really don't like that change.  🤢

Like I said, PVE 😁.  And I’m usually running 3-4 kits so I have plenty of blind access.  I can see what you’re saying for pvp though.

7 hours ago, ChrisWhitey.9076 said:

Kinetic Accelerators change doesn't remove the need for relic of the midknight king. Without more fury to heal scrapper's build the change feels underwhelming.

What group composition is light on fury that heal scrap needs to bring? Don't doubt it exists, maybe I'm just lucky and never run into issue on it being light and needing to supply. It's like might in terms of bloat, it's just always there from someone whether its traits, skills, or utilities. Hence finding the 'might' addition on kinetic rather underwhelming as well as confusing for 'balance' adjustments. 

I'm glad the patch is mostly buffs for things that don't get used much.  In pvp though I don't think its enough.  I would like to see buffs to rifle auto attack.  The rifle shot (not the grenade but the shot that pierces) hits for less power damage than the pistol auto attack.   I would also like to see damage increases to pistol main and off hand.  Right now blowtorch ticks for about 900 if you land it at point blank range.  That's less than most melee weapons auto attacks.

On 9/17/2024 at 11:14 AM, Jerus.4350 said:

I’m stoked for the stunbreak on ft5, but that’s cause I like to play condi Engi in PVE and dropping a kit hurts, so free stunbreak, heck yeah!

the stunbreak on FT5 is actually a nerf lol, increased CD and you cant use the blind anytime anymore.

Let's be honest about elixir X, it's for players that are new to engineer and/or levelling. It was tons of fun when I was new to engi and overwhelmed trying to decide between all the kits. I haven't touched it since then. I don't think it will ever be viable for endgame content. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mithral.8516 said:

Let's be honest about elixir X, it's for players that are new to engineer and/or levelling. It was tons of fun when I was new to engi and overwhelmed trying to decide between all the kits. I haven't touched it since then. I don't think it will ever be viable for endgame content. 

It got some niche use as a pure CC tool, but lich killed that 🥲.  

On 9/20/2024 at 8:35 PM, foxtrot.6902 said:

What group composition is light on fury that heal scrap needs to bring? Don't doubt it exists, maybe I'm just lucky and never run into issue on it being light and needing to supply. It's like might in terms of bloat, it's just always there from someone whether its traits, skills, or utilities. Hence finding the 'might' addition on kinetic rather underwhelming as well as confusing for 'balance' adjustments. 

looks through some logs and fury was on the lower side with an alac willbender and 3 dps reapers. Seems like for this comp the engineer needs more fury in the support kit.

On 9/17/2024 at 2:31 AM, coro.3176 said:

Does not address what makes this skill bad - it takes up precious space on the skill bar and doesn't do anything except stun break. Maybe Holo can afford this because it has a free damage kit with forge, but most specs can't afford to run gadgets like this. Maybe if it had ammo charges, like PBR? Maybe if it provided more general utility? Also, if you're going to give it another boon, Lesser Utility Goggles should get it too.

I use is quite a bit on core, toolbelt skill is an AoE reveal (which should get a second hand buff with the reveal duration increase), pretty low CD as well.