Homestead Crafting discovery tab empty

Normally I am able to "discover" new recipes by experiment.  However, despite having mats, the "discovery" tab on my homestead crafting is empty.  Nada.  Absolutely nothing in there.

I regard the discovery feature absolutely unique in in-game crafting and I was looking forward to creating some unique furnishings...

Anyone?

18 hours ago, Velara.8765 said:

Normally I am able to "discover" new recipes by experiment.  However, despite having mats, the "discovery" tab on my homestead crafting is empty.  Nada.  Absolutely nothing in there.

I regard the discovery feature absolutely unique in in-game crafting and I was looking forward to creating some unique furnishings...

Anyone?

They have disabled this for the time being, as far as I know.

Previously it used mats but didn't create anything, I personally think it was supposed to become available once we've got all the mastery tiers unlocked, including the ones that aren't available for us yet. 

• Like 1

I think it is intended to only use recipes from books. To save the unnecessary step of discovering. That was a feature nice at the very beginning of GW2. But as crafting became less and less relevant (+ the system is not even really fun) with other methods for obtaining gear (ascended stuff from vendors) ... I think it makes sense to not re-use this.

With the books you can unlock stuff at once - no need to fear that you might miss something.

• Like 1