Charr story auto defaults you to Vigil

I know the Charr are a war like race but when doing the character story especially in a group, the perosnal story auto defaults to vigil regardless of choice. The first time I thought it was a fluke but this makes the third time now with and without a group.

Please fix

Edited by nobleboivin.4102
  • Like 1

As another person involved in this event, let me give a more detailed explanation.  While doing co-op Charr story, we reached the point in the level 30 story where you have to finally select your order.  I, as the instance owner, selected Priory, as all three of us agreed upon.  However, the two who were not the instance owners, upon choosing to advance their story, were not placed into the "Research and Destroy" story step, but into the "Ever Vigilant" story step.

We separated into two groups, the two with Ever Vigilant step doing that and me completing Research and Destroy.  Upon completing that, I opened up the "Setting the Stage" instance and completed it, and our whole party was then placed into the "Dredging up the Past" story step.  We were then able to proceed as expected through the Priory storyline, receiving all rewards, and then into the Skritt story.  We were able to complete the Skritt storyline as expected, with a small hiccup that when one of the Ever Vigilant pair opened a story instance and our companion was Forgal instead of Sieran.

Upon completing the Skritt story, the other two were placed into the "Forewarned is Forearmed" story step, while I was put into the "On Red Alert" step.  Following this, I opened up the instance for The Battle of Claw Island and and then all three of us were moved on to the "Ghost Rite" story step (the Priory one) after completing Claw Island together.

Edited by Maekrix Waere.2087
  • Like 3

I've had a friend who chose a different order from me when we ran some of story together on newer alts.  However, when we both completed 'Setting the Stage' in the same instance, they got put into the same order as me instead, so there's some sort of bug in which it forces party members into the same order as the instance owner rather than their chosen one.

16 hours ago, Foxypuff.2596 said:

I've had a friend who chose a different order from me when we ran some of story together on newer alts.  However, when we both completed 'Setting the Stage' in the same instance, they got put into the same order as me instead, so there's some sort of bug in which it forces party members into the same order as the instance owner rather than their chosen one.

Have always been the case if you accept party leaders progress mate.

13 minutes ago, nobleboivin.4102 said:

Edit Tech support sent me here for gem store requests LMAO

Tech support is not gonna do anything for you guys, I'm fairly confident they don't even have the tools to reset your story much like they don't have the tools to blank your crafting disciplines, and that one has been confirmed.

Roll with it, make another character later to play a different story.