Suggestion: Invisible skyscales

dremvahlok.9361

Hello there.

My idea is to have invisible mounts, especially skyscales, in the same way we already have invisible siege turtles, when they are on top of your character.

The goal being removing the visual clutter of having a skyscale flapping its wings on top of you and flashing half your screen. This is particularly true during large gatherings (leyline both before and during the event, piñata, chak wall staring contest...) where there is ALWAYS that one guy who wants to be seen by everyone :P

I do believe anything hindering with your FoV should have the option for it to be turned off or toned down.

This goes in the same spirit as the "Hide Ally Visual Effects" option and hopefully Anet's wonderful devs can consider it :D

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

And here I thought you meant make them invisible for the rider, as this has happened to me during the Wizard meta a number of times.  It does make it harder to figure out the hit box for flying through stuff, but also makes for an excellent view of my surroundings ...

I agree that it's not great to have someone else's skyscale wings flapping through your camera.  It gives me motion sickness, and when I'm at the Wizard Tower bank npc and someone's flashing my screen like that I have to move to a craft station to bank there instead.  However, this would not be mitigated by your suggestion because the turtles still have a ghostly presence, which would mean wing flicker still happening for something similar with skyscales.  Plus, the turtle transparency only happens when they are near your character (camera position being unique to every player).  I have my camera zoomed out a lot (motion sickness issues again), so a skyscale can fill it even when a decent distance above me.  And their shadows flap on the floor, too ... /sigh.

I wish I didn't feel like vomiting any time there's rotational motion in my vision, but there it is.

Maybe a user setting that makes other player's skyscale wings go fully invisible while leaving the rest showing?  With a hotkey to quickly toggle it?  I know the wings can be invisible, I've had that happen too during metas, so they seem to be graphically separate rigs.