FPS governed by CPU usage?

Hello,I've spent the last 2 days reading through these forums and all general non A-net forums trying to address my FPS issue. The scenario is below

My system:Windows 10 PRO 64-bitVersion 10.0.15063 build 15063Ryzen 1700x at 3.9 - all cores - Hyperthreading disabledGTX 1080TI16GB 3200 cl14 ram2560x1440 165hz native input G-SYNC IPS monitor - Viewsonic XG2703-gs.

Low FPS / Low GPU usage / High single core CPU usage.https://flic.kr/p/22v4npx

Above image shows me looking at a sky-box. Why is the FPS governed by CPU usage?

If the issue is that this game isn't going to take advantage of a multi-core system like mine, then no amount of money I can throw at my PC is going to give me the desired frame rates for a given graphical quality. I thought this may have been fixed with the 64-bit client or various engine updates over the years.

I've applied most obvious steps.-Disable CPU core parking-Apply most Win 10 system 'gaming tweaks'-Update drivers - Sound / chipset / Gpu

Is there anything else that I can do at this point to increase performance to a level acceptable to me? Is there anything else needed to provide troubleshooting? I suspect that this level of performance is normal due to the game being CPU limited, however if it is not within the norm, then I need help!

I just bought the POF expansion, but if I cannot get the game running well I'll be asking for a refund.

Thanks in advance for any help.

GW2 is capable of using 4 threads. If you're building a PC specifically for this game, a core i5 is better than some 8 core/16 thread crap.

Personally, I think they need to just have a little sitdown with AMD and see if they can do some shenanigans with the Ryzen drivers/settings/whatever to make it optimize 4 cores somewhere. Or stop limiting the engine to 4 cores.. seriously, x64 for more ram, but no real threading?

HI Spladian.8346,I currently have an AMD 1800x @ 4.0GHz and RX Vega 64 I have no problems achieving 144FPS with 2560x1440 @144Hz in game providing im not somewhere like Lions Arch. Which leads me to think there must be a configuration problem somewhere for you.

is there a reason why you disabled SMT (Hyperthreading) ?

On your flickr link you have 3 monitors is this still your setup? if so what is the combined resolution of all three monitors?

Just one monitor now. If what you say is true.. then there should be no reason not to achieve the same frame rates looking straight up into the sky like in my picture. I'll try re-enabling SMT to see if 16 threads helps. I would be amazed if this had a positive effect. I believe I'm looking straight up in Lake Doric? area. Not too sure on the name the zone with all the white-haven?'s in it.

Archived