A new "policy"

Ithilwen.1529

It's well known that one should pretty much stop playing after a loss streak begins.

Now, it's clear that one should not solo unranked within about 2 hours of a tournament. Doing so will result in being trolled by teams "practicing" for the event. If ANET decides to continue on it's present course... PvP may resemble that of STO.

I queued up there the other day out of morbid curiosity. The unbalanced PvP in that game has a reputation so poor that I could not get a match after 20 minutes of waitng.

As broken as this game feels like sometimes, it still has the best pvp mode in any mmorpg. One thing I can't stand is grinding endlessly to acquire top stats in pvp. Worse, some games I have played even had best stat items gated in RNG loot boxes. I stopped supporting those games entirely because they are evil AF.

GW2 pvp would be close to perfect if it had a bigger population.

@Furious.2867 said:As broken as this game feels like sometimes, it still has the best pvp mode in any mmorpg. One thing I can't stand is grinding endlessly to acquire top stats in pvp. Worse, some games I have played even had best stat items gated in RNG loot boxes. I stopped supporting those games entirely because they are evil AF.

GW2 pvp would be close to perfect if it had a bigger population.

Perfectly said. GW2 has something special and better than any other MMO I’ve played. The maps and game style is very good. We need more people in the pool though.

The problem with trying to get more players in the pool is the system won't support it well. We have a great deal of systematic and balance based problems that drive players away out of frustration. If some of the larger problems with the way the game functions were fixed and the balance team pushed for skill based balance over 12345 to win balance the game would have serious potential in pvp. If it continues with the current power creep and keeps utilizing such bad matchmaking then the game will die after the next 2-3 patches (pve will ofc continue to thrive as it's well designed for entertainment)

@Furious.2867 said:As broken as this game feels like sometimes, it still has the best pvp mode in any mmorpg.

As far as modes go all of these were vastly superior.

Random Arenas Any campaign Two randomly-selected teams of four compete in a deathmatchCodex Arena Any campaign Two organized teams of four compete using only a limited pool of Codex skillsHeroes' Ascent Any campaign Two organized teams of eight compete in a variety of trials, ending in The Hall of Heroes.Guild versus Guild Any campaign Two organized teams of eight attempt to kill each other's Guild Lord

Archived