Firebrand DPS output?

Pridedemon.3041

Alright no doubt firebrand currently has the best condi cleanse (conversion) and stun break in pvp and the only thing who can actually stand against scourge necro 1 vs 1 on point and can survive.BUT are firebrand meta build suppose to do ANY damage at all? I main druid with staff/lb usually and it can do decent damage via longbow 2 and pets (can actually kill burst classes 1 vs 1) but as a firebrand i am not doing any damage. I am playing the metabattle build and i dunno if i am a liability or asset to my team with almost close to 0 damage. Sure i can support mid but that shouldn't be all it, right?

Any suggestions? Too bad druid can't cleanse condi's as well as firebrand and having 2 scourge in enemy team is regular.

Firebrand can go either way. Imo the best build for organized team play is just a full on support build. However, for carrying solo queue you can definitely do well with a more hybrid support. The Radiance tree gives you enough free offensive stats that you don't need to invest heavily into offense to be able to dish out respectable damage in a team fight. Just swap to more damaging weapons like A/Sh + Sc/F and change amulet to Mender's or something similar. From the sounds of it the hybrid build would be more up your alley.

@Pridedemon.3041 said:I am playing the metabattle build and i dunno if i am a liability or asset to my team with almost close to 0 damage.

Its overperforming to the point we dont even know if we are liabilities or not!

I made a good damage firebrand if you want to try it ill link it but I havent played it since condi nerf since it seems the tome/judges intervention got hit pretty hard.

@R E F L H E X.8413 said:

@Pridedemon.3041 said:I am playing the metabattle build and i dunno if i am a liability or asset to my team with almost close to 0 damage.

Its overperforming to the point we dont even know if we are liabilities or not!

I made a good damage firebrand if you want to try it ill link it but I havent played it since condi nerf since it seems the tome/judges intervention got hit pretty hard.

It has awesome support no doubt about that, stun break after stun break can alone make it great but then it has unlimited condi --> boon conversion and good healing.The only issue i have that it is so much dependant on your team. For example, as a druid i can completely close one point 1 vs 1, or i can push far and kill the lone 1 guy most of the time (its usually thief which is roflmao stomp for my build usually) and claim the point however firebrand can ONLY occupy empty points. It has no chance of going 1 vs 1 against an enemy on point and win (its basically a deadlock for eternity, good when you are defending, not so good on offensive) so you basically have to stay mid and support the team or camp close and hope your team comes to help for 1 vs 2 scenario's.Its great for a well co-ordinated team however for most clueless pugs it can be extremely bad. I only ever pick firebrand if the enemy has 2 necro's and my team doesn't already have a guardian.

"but then it has unlimited condi --> boon conversion and good healing."

If you play it enough you'll find the condi conversions are too slow for when you face a mass condi team too slow and not enough in general. I've seen condis down me as fb many times acting like its unlimited goes too far because condis can easily takedown fbs.

It's trash tier in many matchups and good in some.

• 2 weeks later...

@"R E F L H E X.8413" said:"but then it has unlimited condi --> boon conversion and good healing."

If you play it enough you'll find the condi conversions are too slow for when you face a mass condi team too slow and not enough in general. I've seen condis down me as fb many times acting like its unlimited goes too far because condis can easily takedown fbs.

It's trash tier in many matchups and good in some.

Well of course if you are going 1 vs 2 against 2 scourges or a mesmer in mix you can't expect to last much (unless the necro's are real bad) or otherwise that would be downright broken. Firebrand brings best support and condi clean but relies too much on your team mates to pick and finish off targets. If your team is full of retards who can't focus high values targets or don't focus a trolleye thief with dual pistols peppering them with bullets then firebrand become completely useless because it has NO DPS.Druid is different, it can bring good support (not as good as firebrand) but has actual dps especially with lb and can pick off and go 1 vs 1 against 99% of the time and actually win (by win i mean kill not deadlock like firebrand).

For Solo Q you might like a more hybrid build like this

You will of course trade full support setup for more DPS. I've liked it a lot more for solo Q when teams are not as coordinated and don't make full use of your support skills. You can do some support but this is more DPS. Tomb of Justice really shines letting you do support and damage via shattered aegis. You should have very close to 100% uptime on retaliation and 100% crit chance with this. You can hold your own in certain 1 vs 1 with this but your skills are definitely better in team fights.

Archived