Condi DD - PVE

Puyt.2584

Hi,

I recently switched from Power staff daredevil to condi dagger/dagger daredevil since i've been running the power build for so long i wanted something new and try out condi.But when doing normal PVE stuff like meta events in HoT or exploring stuff i seem to die a lot now where before i could easily solo everything, what am i doing wrong? any tips?

This is the build i'm running..

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVl8Mh2mYzTwoJw/ELtEmXZ4OMHmLhrwXoWAoLsAA-jRhPABAs/g+KBpW9Hi1HQuyPA-e

If you're going for a condition build, you need to go Poison route instead of Bleeding.

Here is the build I use.

You can switch it up to whatever compliments your playstyle but you have to build around the Rune of Thorns. Also, don't bother with Lotus Training. The condition damage bonus you get from there is not worth sacrificing your survivability, so choose UC instead. 10% damage reduction is a big deal in PvE. I chose Shadow Arts because of Venom, but you can change this to Trickery for a lower Steal cooldown -- that would be up to you. Deadly Arts is a must have and the other traitline could be either Shadow, Acro, or Trickery. I don't recommend going full Dire set since that will limit your damage source. I also don't recommend going full Viper since that will leave you rather squishy. However, that is up to you. If you like taking a huge risk, definitely switch out the Dire gears.

Well, power thief has pretty good self healing with Signet of Malice + Invigorating Precision. You get huge healing spikes by spamming staff #5 on mobs. But condi thief has a ton of evades and still gets some good self heals with signet. So I guess it's just a matter of adjustment when it comes to survivability.

Archived