"(Character Name) crosses their arms."

Guest [Deleted User]

Anytime you go anywhere near Salma lately in Divinity's Reach, you get bombarded by the tell: "(character name) crosses their arms." Two or three different characters do it basically constantly. From what I've seen it's not the same characters every time, but I dunno if it's alts of the same people. It's driving me crazy! Yes, I know I could turn off emotes but that's rather a scorched earth answer.

So what gives with this? Is it a really irritating new form of AFK avoidance? Or just a purposeful irritant to/trolling of other players? (Maybe people trying to mess with the RPers?)

P.S. - And yes, this is exacerbated by the already-remarked on insane range for emotes to show up in your chat window.

It's role players in the area. When you get close enough, you get that emote from anyone that was already in that pose. If there's five people there standing like that, and they've been unmoving for half an hour, you'll still get the five emotes the moment you get within range.

It's annoying, especially with the huge emote range.

That explains it! Thanks.

That is a pretty silly way to implement that emote then. It should only proc when the character does it the first time. (And, of course, the range needs to be fixed). If you move in and out of the range (which happens to be basically all along the road to the home instance and up to the WPs) it just endlessly spams you.

@Palador.2170 said:It's role players in the area. When you get close enough, you get that emote from anyone that was already in that pose. If there's five people there standing like that, and they've been unmoving for half an hour, you'll still get the five emotes the moment you get within range.

It's annoying, especially with the huge emote range.

Wait, so it's possible all the "chat spam" emotes I've been seeing could be a bug? I'd just assumed it was someone re-re-repositioning for the 5th time in an RP session. (Gotta sit juuust right, y'know. :P)

@Rauderi.8706 said:

Wait, so it's possible all the "chat spam" emotes I've been seeing could be a bug? I'd just assumed it was someone re-re-repositioning for the 5th time in an RP session. (Gotta sit juuust right, y'know. :P)

Well, from what I know, you only get it once per character no matter how many times they reposition. And some times you do need to take a couple of attempts at sitting because your character will end up posed in some odd way you didn't expect. But if you suddenly get hit by five different characters all seeming to sit or cross their arms at the same time, it's this bug.

Oh, also, the game will log you out eventually if you don't move every now and then, so they may be having to repostition after doing that. Chat doesn't keep you from being marked as AFK.

Archived