Gems -> Living Story or something else?

Vengyre.2506

Greetings.So, I have a total of 3490 gems atm. So far I've bought copper salvage-o-matic, and also have an additional character slot from ultimate edition PoF.Thinking whether Living Story (both 2 and 3) worth it or not. How much additional stuff do you get for purchasing it?I mean, if there's some exclusive content (such as legendary amulet or something like that's I've seen people posting), then I'll probably get it. Or, if there are some exclusive zones not available otherwise. If stuff you get for buying can be achieved without it, I might pass, solo content in this game is fun (doing these PoF missions as Weaver in full zerk gear is no joke :) ), but a bit too costy for it.

Or what else should I buy? I've been thinking of:Character slots, up to glorious 9 total. Could buy 2 and still have 1 full story season.Permanent tools - too expensive and bound to character, meh, will force me buying shared inventory slots which are very expensive.Bank tabs/collection extension - too expensive, rather wait for sale.

Permanent tools are not bound to a character. You can move them by placing in the bank.

Season 3 of Living World is the easiest way to get ascended trinkets of pre-PoF stat combinations. Each episode also has its own zone. Season 2 has a lot less in the way of zones or gear from them, but it’s worthwhile if you enjoy the story or want to finish your core mastery points.

I personally prioritize the Living World content above all else, but I like playing through the story.

There are a good number of achievement points and some collections behind LS2, including some unique armor skins. You can purchase the episodes one at a time if you want to save the bulk of your gems for other things, but you get a good discount for buying them all at once.

LS3 requires HoT, and it gives you access to six new maps, and those have a lot of AP and collections, including the collection for the Legendary trinket Aurora. Those maps also offer good farming and they each have vendors offering a variety of ascended rings, amulets, trinkets and back pieces where you can set the stats (core or HoT stats)--by far the cheapest and easiest way to obtain a full set of ascended accessories. It also has some assorted interesting skins and a variety of minis if you like that sort of thing, plus you can exchange unbound magic for Magic-Warped Bundles and either sell the materials or use them for crafting legendary items.

Character slots are never wasted, in my experience. Extra bag slots are also valuable on the character(s) you play the most.

Expansions for bank tabs and material storage are also a good investment, especially if you plan to craft legendaries.

One set of unlimited gathering tools is a good investment, even if you never swap them around. If you do this, make sure to get tools that offer bonus materials that you can use, such as the Watchwork pick or the current doggo gathering tool for best results.

Well, I've been looking at gathering bundle because it is 2400 for all 3... But again, if I play different characters, I'll have to purchase 3 extra shared slots or suffer :(

I guess LS2 can be watched over youtube for the story, but as for LS3, there's plenty of content, so I'll definitely buy it.

Character slots simply look better than bag slots or bank tabs. You get 5 bag slots per character and I have no issue with inventory space, so even for storage it is better. Expansions are different, there's some satisfaction in storing crafting goods :)

Well, I am in no rush - will see how it goes. Definitely keeping some for LS3.

Since you're certain you'll pick up LS3, you would be able to use the Unbound Magic gathering bundle. There should also be a gathering bundle for Volatile Magic released with an upcoming episode of LS4. Whether that actually turns into a need for shared slots or not will depend on whether you play all characters roughly equally, or if you tend to play one character for several days before switching. I keep mine on my "usual" character, since I don't do more than incidental gathering on the others.

That said, I do also have several of the shared slots, because I do rotate through my other characters with some regularity, and it's nice to put the transport scrolls in those, so I can more easily move characters around the world. Also nice for keeping my revive orbs, bank access, teleport to friends and such things from cluttering up inventory across several characters, and then I always have them when I need them. Shared slots are the best deal if you buy them in lots of five, and there are sometimes sales, so you may want to keep an eye on those in case you find yourself with gems and a desire for some added convenience when they roll up.

If buying season3 just for access to ascended stuff, you can get all 7 slots (aqua helm, backpack, 5 jewelry slots) from just 3 zones (forgot what corresponding episodes are called): Bitterfrost, Draconis Mons and Ember Bay. You might still want the others for backpack skins.

LS2 provides a lot of centra tyria mastery points and LS3 gives HoT mastery points.

Having at least 9 character slots was a priority for me personally. So I can play all 9 professions and maybe a 10th slot for key farming but don't know if that's worth it anymore.

unbound gathering tools are nice but not that neccessary imo. Berry farming yields so much unbound anyways. The plain unbreakable gathering tools will save you some gems.

@Vengyre.2506 said:Guess I've spelled wrong, they're not bound, but given I enjoy playing different characters, I imagine swapping will be pain.

Aight, so Season 3 is a sure purchase. Season 2... will see.

Not really. Have your Permanent tool in your shared slot (and regular consumable ones equipped on your char). And just double click your tool to equip. Once you are done, just double click on the shared slot to swap out your permanent tool with the regular one.

Of course the initial investment is expensive, and definitely a convenience option.

Archived