GW2 Keeps Crashing after Splashscreen

Been happening for a few weeks now. Tried uninstalling my anti-virus thinking that might be the problem, but it wasn't. The splash screen comes up and any patches seem to D/L and install Ok. After clicking login and the play the GW2 icon comes up on the task bar and then immediately closes. Anyone else experience this problem? Is there a fix? Or is this something I have to wait for a patch to fix?

@Damage Inc.6405 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Does the windows Event Viewer mention anything about Gw2.exe or Gw2-64.exe? YOu can open the Event Viewer by pressing windows key + X.

What exactly and where would I find what I'm looking for in the event viewer. Don't have much experience using that feature.

That is difficult to say with little to go on but you could try starting GW2 then opening the Event Viewer. If there is anything relevant in there it should be within the most recent 5 or 10 things.

You can also try grabbing a new copy of the client from https://account.arena.net/contentYou can simply rename the Gw2Setup.exe/Gw2Setup-64.exe to Gw2.exe/Gw2-64.exe and overwrite the existing one.

Additionally you might want to delete the bin/bin64 folder that should be along side the Gw2.exe/Gw2-64.exe. It will be automatically recreated by the client.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Have you any 3rd party/graphics programs running? Any Lavasoft apps? Using/installed Bing?Have you contacted the Tech CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below for assistance?

Good luck.

Yes I have was using GeForce's software for a while. Uninstalled it thinking that what might be causing the problem. Uninstall did not help. > @Khisanth.2948 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Does the windows Event Viewer mention anything about Gw2.exe or Gw2-64.exe? YOu can open the Event Viewer by pressing windows key + X.

What exactly and where would I find what I'm looking for in the event viewer. Don't have much experience using that feature.

That is difficult to say with little to go on but you could try starting GW2 then opening the Event Viewer. If there is anything relevant in there it should be within the most recent 5 or 10 things.

You can also try grabbing a new copy of the client from
You can simply rename the Gw2Setup.exe/Gw2Setup-64.exe to Gw2.exe/Gw2-64.exe and overwrite the existing one.

Additionally you might want to delete the bin/bin64 folder that should be along side the Gw2.exe/Gw2-64.exe. It will be automatically recreated by the client.

Did not see anything in the even viewer related to GW, . Tried the bin file once, Ill give it another shot tho. Did the client uninstall/reinstall thing 2x already. What other information can I proved to you to help you better understand the issue.

There is also Process Monitor but I am not sure how to explain that one.

In addition to Nvidia ShadowPlay there are also other stuff like MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner and Win10's built in Game Bar have caused issues for some people.FalconMK.2930 also mentioned Overwolf above. There is basically a long list of possible things to be guessing through. The LavaSoft thing could be accidentally installed. I believe it sometimes get bundled with stuff and is installed if you don't uncheck a box when installing. People have also had issues with VPN software. All these have one thing in common in that they inject some code into the game client for various reasons but they are indirect and generally automatic so it is not immediately obvious that they are at fault.

Archived