Trading Post Gift Without Sender's Name

Miss.5930

I hope that this is the appropriate place to post this issue.

I received a gift from the trading post yesterday. The gift was a lucky dog harvesting tool. The mail said it is from Anet, and the sender sent me a message but did not sign his or her name. I would like to properly give thanks to the sender for the kind gift. Is there a log where I can find out who sent the gift to me? I asked around my guild already but I don't think the sender has seen my msg. I don't want to the ungrateful person who waits a long time to thank someone.

@"Miss.5930" said:I hope that this is the appropriate place to post this issue.

I received a gift from the trading post yesterday. The gift was a lucky dog harvesting tool. The mail said it is from Anet, and the sender sent me a message but did not sign his or her name. I would like to properly give thanks to the sender for the kind gift. Is there a log where I can find out who sent the gift to me? I asked around my guild already but I don't think the sender has seen my msg. I don't want to the ungrateful person who waits a long time to thank someone.

This has been a problem since launch. I really wish the name was included by default, with a check box to send anonymously (which would then include the note: "the seller has decided to remain anonymous").

It's also a generic problem with mail in this game: when you send a message, it only shows the name of the character that happened to be online. A lot of people won't recognize that name, unless you play it a lot. So there's lots of mail received without people being able to easily figure out who sent it.

For now, I use the following workarounds in any mail (including BLTC gifts):

• I always include my in-game nickname (or my forum name, if sending something in game to forum 'colleagues')
  • If I receive a gift without a name, I spend a bit more time than I would normally mentioning to anyone/everyone how much I liked the X that I got (and oh, by the way, I don't know who to thank... do you?)
  • If I receive in game mail from an unknown toon name, besides mailing back a response, I also include a "can you tell me which account this is from" note.
  • For those with a second account, you can add the toon name to the Friend or Block list to see which account name is newly added (a little harder with the recent changes to those lists). It's almost worth creating a F2P account (if you get a lot of such messages).

Archived