how to balance ranger pets

floody.4951

What's ironic is that a lot of pets would be way better if they hadn't these 2 skills on which the player have absolutely no say regarding when they use it. This knockback that the OP is complaining about is just that: A skill which trigger mostly when the player don't want it to trigger. Thought, it's a relief for the ranger to see that for once one of these skills bear positive results for him since it seem that it piss off some of it's foes.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@BlackBeard.2873 said:How to balance pets:
  • Remove RNG CC's - great idea
  • increase pet's attack range a little bit beyond melee for most pets. They should be able to be intelligently kited, they should not be able to be brainlessly kited
  • Scale all pet's stats with their master's stats. Tanky rangers have tanky pets that do no damage. DPS rangers have squishy DPS pets.

Only dps stats comes in all variety, a demolisher amulet is a dps amulet as much as a marauder, they're still based on power dmg but one has toughness in it...I look forward to the day I can use an owl with demolisher stats, also pets
have no crit dmg and low power
...oh trust me....I would love nothing more than having pets scale with my stats.

I can still increase both crit chance and ferocity of my allies, I would end up with a tanky pet doing zerker dmg..good for me

LOLBirds with the tank of the bear, and every ten or so seconds I can taunt them?

Oh yes please let my pet scale with me.

Smokescale, bristleback, all of the big boi burst pets coming back tankier and hitting harder than ever before. People don't know what their asking for and if Anet really listen to these folks here, then I won't feel bad they are getting chewed by pets with mender's amulets and then are beefy, with a crap ton of healing because of druid.

Please, think people.

Mender+pet= They really won't dieDemonlisher+pet= Crying playersZerk+pet= Salty boy thieves or mesmerPaladin+pet= Shoutbow is back

Be careful what you wish for.

Archived