Can't harvest plant nodes in a friend's home instance?

After a few days of being able to harvest from the new garden node out of my partner's home instance, it was weird to me that one day I just couldn't. It seemed weird but thought nothing of it, the next day I could again. This was near when it came out.

It happened again a few days ago and that made me become curious. There had to be something causing this behaviour in the garden. So today I went in with them and saw all the nodes were there. I then left and told them to gather some of them. After they did this and I came back in to the instance I was able to accurately guess which ones they harvested because I couldn't harvest those, but could harvest the rest.

I don't know if this is intended behaviour or not, but none of the other home instance nodes act like this. I hope you guys can look into it!

It's an unintended consequence of the design; they don't have plans to change it.

Essentially, the feature that makes it easy to change the crop makes it difficult to keep track of who gathered versus who didn't. Consequently, for those nodes (and those alone), the game only tries to remember whether the owner gathered or not. If they haven't yet, anyone else can harvest; if they have, no one else can.

Archived