[Build] 100% Boon & Condition Duration Soulbeast

Professor Sprout.1560

Game client refuses to connect to server at the moment (as seems to be the case for a number of UK players at t'moment) so to pass the time I thought I might post up the condition build I'm working towards at the moment. I doubt the condition side of the build will raise any eyebrows as it is all standard choices, but perhaps the boon part will be of interest to someone. As far as modes go I'm rather depressingly only envisioning using this in casual PvE - I'm not keen on the way fractals are headed, the design decisions behind WvW continue to baffle me and PvP is not my kind of thing.

Build link http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNQQNAofVnE8Cd8iN8CeuBctgFDBLv62dDvNdgUXVjJAM6Kdl8goA-jByXABOfKAyWJ4wK/achBA2H4E9B09EAmV9nAAJAEgNFpAWUlG-e

What is 100% condition duration doing for this build?Damage and debuffs, as one might expect. I made this build (or rather am in the process of making - gearing without grinding in this game can be quite a tedious process!) because I found a pure meta condition Soulbeast build to be rather boring, all damage and no self-sufficiency or group support. I resolved therefore to try and adapt such a build in order to round it out with a sideline in boons, the aim being to hit 100% boon duration with the most minimal investment possible. Every build element that does not fall under that sideline is a standard condition build choice, so maintaining 100% condition duration was important. Note that it only hits 100% when merged with the spider - 3 more expertise infusions are needed before it hits 100% duration when merged with the bird.

What is 100% boon duration doing for this build?Quite a few things, actually. Might gain is limited to only fire fields and the elite skill (if used when merged the build will quickly hit 25 stacks thanks to all of its pulsing AoE effects) but at all times the build maintains a healthy uptime on fury and quickness. 20k hit points and the combined passive regeneration from Regeneration, traited Protection and Predator's Cunning can keep the Soulbeast in the thick of combat; the build can stay in control of its positioning during these scrums thanks to its heavy bursts of stability, permanent swiftness and multiple leap/reposition skills. Retaliation is also available for what it's worth. Lastly the build has access to a bit of resistance (not at 100% duration) - not enough to write home about it can still be a lifesaver.Note also that many of these boon effects are AoE - between these shared boons, shared stances, the setup AoE pull from Prelude Lash and the combo fields this build should hopefully be of some benefit to other players.

@"Kilrik.6320" With the nourishment and full stacks of bounty the boon duration does indeed sit at 20%. Another 15% comes from merging with the jungle spider (it has the "Versatile" pet type) for 35% in total. The last 65% comes from Moa Stance - the playstyle for the build is that you aim to use your boon-granting abilities whilst this stance is active. Likewise to hit 100% condition duration the build needs to be merged with the spider - the extra vitality is converted into condition duration via the "Taste for Danger" trait.

• 2 weeks later...

@Professor Sprout.1560 said:@"Kilrik.6320" With the nourishment and full stacks of bounty the boon duration does indeed sit at 20%. Another 15% comes from merging with the jungle spider (it has the "Versatile" pet type) for 35% in total. The last 65% comes from Moa Stance - the playstyle for the build is that you aim to use your boon-granting abilities whilst this stance is active. Likewise to hit 100% condition duration the build needs to be merged with the spider - the extra vitality is converted into condition duration via the "Taste for Danger" trait.

Its not converting the vitality. Sorry to break your 100% condi duration. Its only converting the health you have without a merge. Except they stealth changed it which would be a pleasent surprize.I personally would want to see this functionality though.

Archived