perma harvesting tools upgrade

Shaman.4513

I appreciate those tools a lot, however, got some before the update where you released new ones that gives unbound magic, to make it fair, is possible to have a quest in the mists or wherever to imbue them with powers that can harvest unbound magic? or simply a new black lion merch that can exchange old ones for new ones with that new stat, the thing is some of the old skins are pretty much nicer than the ones that give you magic.just a suggestion, hope it finds its way to see the light :)

I don't see it happening as it's too late now, but I would have quite liked to have had a system where you buy the base tool as an unlimited tool with two upgrade slots available, so you could then buy effectively a tool animation to slot into it, and a tool feature (like unbound magic gathering) to slot in. That way we could have customizable tools where we could choose the animation and feature of them, as well as being able to change them from time to time. (obviously at a cost, I don't know how it would work out, but for example buy the base tool for 1000gems, then new animations for 500 gems and features like unbound gathering for the same amount etc).

I'd say that's unlikely, but I would expect them to lower the price of older tools that don't offer anything additional when gathering. You used to be paying for the convenience of not buying finite-use tools; now unless you're getting something else on hit (not just the magic ones – Lucky Dog and Watchwork Pick) you're kind of wasting gems.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:Sadly, this is true. The benefits from the Watchwork Pick and the Lucky Dog eclipses all the other gathering tools. Farming my home instance alone gains me almost an extra gold from the pick.

Yes, just doing my home instance and guild nodes gives me a bit more than 200 extra unbound magic per day (although some of that is from the S3 nodes themselves).

Archived