Pvp split question for the multi class players

Eggyokeo.9705

First up im a ranger only kinda player. But i know the ranger pretty well and like alot of us i see big nerfs to non druid builds and a little nerf to meta druid when i read the proposed changes.

But i dont realy understand whats happening to other classes.

It looks to me like alot of passives are getting nerfed game wide. So my question is does the make ranged sniper/presssure builds such as glassbow core/sb and dead eye stronger? Im a glassbow can already +1 2v2 or even a 1v2 and instantly change a fight is this going to be increased. And the game turn in to the first attacker wins?

Also SoS change is fantastic i might finallt slot it.

Probably yes, I think warriors, thieves and Mesmer are still going to be tough fights because they have so much escape ability or in warriors case just more passive defense. We should be able to hold our own with some of the less cheesy thief and mesmer builds though.

@Eggyokeo.9705 said:First up im a ranger only kinda player. But i know the ranger pretty well and like alot of us i see big nerfs to non druid builds and a little nerf to meta druid when i read the proposed changes.

But i dont realy understand whats happening to other classes.

It looks to me like alot of passives are getting nerfed game wide. So my question is does the make ranged sniper/presssure builds such as glassbow core/sb and dead eye stronger? Im a glassbow can already +1 2v2 or even a 1v2 and instantly change a fight is this going to be increased. And the game turn in to the first attacker wins?

Also SoS change is fantastic i might finallt slot it.

No and yes! If you are looking close to all changes, you'll see that core ranger will get a big nerf to all defensive traits, this means if now a glass cannon ranger after he use his burst is almost a sitting duck, after the patch he will definitely die faster too. The only class who are and will be remain OP because of stealth and too many evades will be Deadeye and Mesmer.In my opinion what Anet want to do it's just a stupidity, lower all defensive traits/skills to all classes (less or more) but keep the burst and the level of damage like it is now.A deadeye and a mesmer will kill someone in less than 1 sec (now they have ability to kill in 1 sec) and all the fights duration will be shorter ... basically the skill/ability of a player, his timing will not be so important because the one with more power fight will won, this mean the one with stealth will won most of the fights.

I actually think ranger is going to be buffed since the other classes are getting nerfed, for example a warrior is a hard match up because of balanced stance being chained with endure pain and counter all the while running at you with immunity to soft cc. Balanced stance and endure pain are getting put on a higher CD witch will translate into a better burst for you. You'll be able to put them on the defensive

Mesmer is getting nerfed all the changes arnt listed in the first list (a Dev comments on it in the post titled mesmer desives its way past ect)

Thief's will hit harder with centain but have fewer escapes, and a nerf to pul impact hallelujah (a good teif can take you apart with that bs)

Holos are also getting a dps Nerf witch means you should be able to get in there face now

And with some of CD increases to necro means you'll be able to pinball them easier

And lastly for the Nerf to ranger passives, you'll be fine, I think nature magic oriented builds are deff going to feel the Nerf,. But all other ones should be solid (the shared angish Nerf is fine it's still a free stun break hopefully they leave refined toxins alone)

Oh and GS already does well against these classes when played right which it's getting a 5% more (10%) when traited. It's going to hit like a truck now.

Your prolly going to run a build that can kill faster. Im willing to be ranger is going to be a force in the next meta depending on how the refined list is ironed out.

@"Eleazar.9478" said:I actually think ranger is going to be buffed since the other classes are getting nerfed, for example a warrior is a hard match up because of balanced stance being chained with endure pain and counter all the while running at you with immunity to soft cc. Balanced stance and endure pain are getting put on a higher CD witch will translate into a better burst for you. You'll be able to put them on the defensive

Mesmer is getting nerfed all the changes arnt listed in the first list (a Dev comments on it in the post titled mesmer desives its way past ect)

Thief's will hit harder with centain but have fewer escapes, and a nerf to pul impact hallelujah (a good teif can take you apart with that bs)

Holos are also getting a dps Nerf witch means you should be able to get in there face now

And with some of CD increases to necro means you'll be able to pinball them easier

And lastly for the Nerf to ranger passives, you'll be fine, I think nature magic oriented builds are deff going to feel the Nerf,. But all other ones should be solid (the shared angish Nerf is fine it's still a free stun break hopefully they leave refined toxins alone)

Oh and GS already does well against these classes when played right which it's getting a 5% more (10%) when traited. It's going to hit like a truck now.

Your prolly going to run a build that can kill faster. Im willing to be ranger is going to be a force in the next meta depending on how the refined list is ironed out.

I think you just wrong ... If you look closely you'll see that Mesmer (once again) get the lowest nerf :.

"MesmerSkillsIllusion of Life: Reduced the cooldown from 120 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP and WvWPhantasmal Disenchanter – Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvWTraitsElusive Mind: This trait now applies 4 seconds of Exhaustion when breaking a stunCompounding Power: Reduced the outgoing damage buff per stack from 3% to 2% in PvP and WvWPhantasmal Force: Reduced the Might granted from 3 stacks to 2 stacks in PvP and WvWMirror of Anguish: Increased cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only"

If you compare with Ranger nerf :.

"TraitsPulmonary Impact: Reduced the power coefficient from 2.8 to 2.0 (-29%) in PvP and WvWUpper Hand: Increased the cooldown from 3 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvWPanic Strike: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. The WvW version of this trait will now use the PvP immobilize duration of 1.5 >secondsInstant Reflexes: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP onlyPain response: Increased the cooldown from 16 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP onlyHard to Catch: Increased the cooldown from 45 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP onlyRangerSkillsSeed of Life: Increased the cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds in PvP and WvWRejuvenating Tides: Reduced the base healing per pulse from 650 to 550 (-15%) in PvP and WvWSolar Beam: Reduced the power coefficient per strike from 0.3 to 0.25 (-17%) in PvP and WvWSignet of Stone: Reduced the duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 80 seconds to 40 in PvP and WvWCelestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvWRicochet: Increased the power coefficient from 0.7 to 0.8 (+14%) in PvP and WvW. Increased Might duration from 5 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvWWinter's Bite: Increased the power coefficient from 1.25 to 1.5 (+20%) in PvP and WvW. Increased the Bleeding duration from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP and WvWSplitblade: Increased the power coefficient per axe from 0.3 to 0.4 (+33%) in PvP and WvWInstinctive Engage: Increased the power coefficient from 0.6 to 1 (+67%) in PvP and WvWHealing Spring: Increased the number of conditions cleansed per pulse from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW"

And if you remember that now Mesmer can kill easily a Ranger, after all defense ranger traits will be nerfed what chances do you think you'll have ?This is what I asked Anet on the main post about new changes "do you realise that you nerf defense for all classes but you don't nerf the burst of damage for some classes who are now able to 1 shot in 1 sec and then vanish because of their invisiblity/teleport/evades?"

Because this is the direction we are going ... a fight will take like 1-5 sec .... first who will shot will be the winner. You don't get a balance only nerfing defense ... you must nerf also some damage who was already able to kill classes with actual defense.I think will be a mess if they will keep the nerf in the form they presented.

Archived