Neither Keyboard nor mouse responding in game.

I'm able to login into the game but no keyboard or mouse commands are registering. Obviously the mouse and keyboard work, they just aren't working with the game. I already had to force quit and then log back in, and this did not resolve. Any suggestions? Or is this universe's way of telling me to play something else.

Discord comes with an overlay, which has been causing this sort of issue for some people. You can turn it off in the user settings (under "Apps" if I recall correctly). Sometimes alt-tabbing to make sure GW2 is in the forefront will also help.

An overlay is a program of its own and its supposed to run behind the game, while allowing us to see its graphic data appear "in front" of the game (so its useful to us). Every so often, Windows (or iOS) or the game or the software decide to change the order of things, and the overlay program takes focus. (It shouldn't happen, but... software sometimes has a mind of its own.)

tl;dr turn off Discord's overlay, turn off other overlay software (TACO, ArcDPS, etc) until the problem is resolved. Then turn the overlays back on, to see which one causes the issue (or if maybe it was a one-time glitch).

Archived