Huge loading screens and huge lag spikes

Am I the only one who's getting huge loading screens, specially but not limited the first time?Often I have to Alt+F4 the first time I run the game because I get stuck in the loading screen after hitting play for minutes. Some times it's when changing a map.Then there is, when I'm finally in, where lag can go from five seconds delay between entering a line in chat to see it to waiting a minute (felt, not counted) after approaching a close diamond spawn thingy and entering a line and giving up with nothing happening. I go to character selection and it's still huge load time, Alt+F4 before getting out of it. I restart the game and it goes well.What's more annoying is this has started right after spending the ~50€ to buy the game with the expansions. It's frustrating and, honestly, I think it is bad enough to be grounds for asking a refund even if for exchange in not getting unfair advantages it means wiping the two characters I have. Though I'd prefer to get a solution to the issue. Anything I can do? Is it a known issue in the process of working a fix? This was before today's patch and after.Thanks in advance for any help.P.S.- Just now after completing the semifinals with my Norn and going out of the instance another endless loading screen, Alt+F4. Really, changing maps shouldn't be about restarting the game.

@"Midiko.2539" said:Am I the only one who's getting huge loading screens, specially but not limited the first time?

No. It happens to my friends from time to time and it happened to me (from time to time) before I replaced my HD with a SSD.

Anything I can do? Is it a known issue in the process of working a fix? This was before today's patch and after.

It is a known (to players) issue that is not new. You could try to repair the gw2-data-file or put GW2 on a SSD or put more RAM in your PC.After upgrading the RAM and putting the GW2-Client on a SSD in my PC I never (since 5 month now) experienced this "long loading screen of death" again.

Thanks! I don't have an SSD to move it to, but can raise my RAM from 8GB to 32GB, but it's a pain in the ass.Now that I think, as I bought it I also activated authentication, which may be the issue too (programming can give you the weirdest of errors). I think I will disable the authentication, which now that I think on it may actually be my reason. I also forgot to mention an important part: some times I get a message about failing to check with the authentication server while already within the game, when I got those. I have no filters in the router that I know and I have both executables allowed by my firewall.Also, apologies for posting in the wrong section.Ok, explicitly opened the poerts in the router, though that wasn't an issue before and it still doesn't help.P.S.- I entered the final, things stopped happening before talking to final guy. Restart. No load, this time error 7 instead of the other (42?, anyway both say ports thing with are open). Currently it just failed to finish the third restart load of the map (the second I got in but then got stuck entering the instance). Fourth attempt, got the load fast and right, then ported within the map, load fast then error 42.(I haven't changed router between playing fine and having this issue, it was buying the game and activating code check security thing with Google tool).This evening I'm removing the authenticator if I find how. If that solves it, great. If not I'll make a F2P alt and if that solves it I'm asking a refund, it'd be totally unacceptable paying for the full game means I stop being able to play it.

Update: I disabled the Google authenticator and have played with several loading screens and no issues for now. It's just one gaming session, but so far I'd say it's very likely it's some bug with the Google authenticator. Parhaps at times the server insists on rechecking the code for no reason and then disconnects due to lack of input?... And after several times, I die to a fall trying to reach where I think the last location to complete the Hoelbrak map is, click exit instance and endless loading screen. So nope, authenticator might not have to do with it, though in these past days I've got far more loading screens going smoothly than I had before this started.

Also forgot to say the server is Ruins of Surmia in Europe.

Made a F2P Alt... And just at the start I get the window with trouble connecting to log in services but no lag after it. Later, after Isomir kill, endless loading screen. It is then casuality the issue started right after buying the game. Still, it seems to have improved vastly without authenticator. Or this morning the load on the server was bigger?

New update: in the main account, without authenticator, I've had no more trouble, once I had the pop up about the connection to authenticator, but no lag and no nothing. Perfectly playable. So I'd bet the authenticator via Google code was, if not causing all, at least making things hugely worse. In fact without it it was once infinite map load (the one mentioned above before trying a F2P alt) and not again plus the pop up and nothing more instead of constantly at every map load.

Archived