Random Fps drops

1)The game runs fine most of the time between 40-60 fps, with mostly low settings.2)I'm playing on a desktop pc:12 gb ram, i5-2400, nvidia 9603)The game is installed in a SSD.

Usually I have no problem at all, but sometimes randomly my fps drop down to 5. Sometimes it last for 5 seconds, most of the times for minutes, like 5-10. Then it goes back to normal (40-60 fps) and often when this happens it comes in "waves": 5 minutes at 5 fps, 5 minutes at 40-60 fps, 5 minutes later back at 5 and so on for 30-60 minutes.Another thing I've noticed is that the ping in the settings panel is a little high when this happens, and doesn't look it's my connection fault, since on teamspeak or other stuff my ping is stable. Even if you don't have a solution to this right know, I'd like to know what should i do when this happens again to gather more data about it, and possibly solve it.

Are you running the game in Windowed Borderless mode and on Windows 10 1709? There's an issue with the XBox game bar services causing random FPS lag spikes every now and then. Mostly halving them or worse. I'm currently trying a fix about that - can you try running in real Fullscreen mode and check if it still happens?

@Ray Koopa.2354 said:Are you running the game in Windowed Borderless mode and on Windows 10 1709? There's an issue with the XBox game bar services causing random FPS lag spikes every now and then. Mostly halving them or worse. I'm currently trying a fix about that - can you try running in real Fullscreen mode and check if it still happens?

Usually I'm on fullscreen, tried borderless too, the problem persists

I have the same problem. I have GTX 870M, i7-4700 and 16 gb ram. Usually I play with medium setting around 60-70 fps but when it drops down to like 5-8 the game is unplayeble. Somewhere online I read that downgrading your gpu driver to a certain version could help solve the problem but I dont want to do it since I always pay attention to keep my driver up to date. And as far as I know there are lotf of players who suffer from this problem even with high end pcs. I wonder if there has been an official attempt to solve this problem ?

Archived