pve and wvw new player

Unfortunately you arent going to get a very good answer because its entirely subjective. We do not know what kind of playstyle you like or how you view each professions mechanics. I personally like mesmer and dislike engineer. While another poster can be an engineer main that swears by engineer and wants all mesmers nerfed. Simply put there just isnt any real information to go on to make a judgement for you. All we can say is tinker around with both. Mesmer is all about illusions summoning, control spells (like an arcane mage), and uses a lot of invisibility and teleports but is rather soft, using shatter skills as needed. Engineer has more limited mobility but sturdier. Using a variable complexity in cycling through kits for a wide range of skills for almost any occasion. Best of luck.

@Khailyn.6248 said:Unfortunately you arent going to get a very good answer because its entirely subjective. We do not know what kind of playstyle you like or how you view each professions mechanics. I personally like mesmer and dislike engineer. While another poster can be an engineer main that swears by engineer and wants all mesmers nerfed. Simply put there just isnt any real information to go on to make a judgement for you. All we can say is tinker around with both. Mesmer is all about illusions summoning, control spells (like an arcane mage), and uses a lot of invisibility and teleports but is rather soft, using shatter skills as needed. Engineer has more limited mobility but sturdier. Using a variable complexity in cycling through kits for a wide range of skills for almost any occasion. Best of luck.

noble style is a fighter and ranger. the engineer is more interested in the skill set, I think I'll agree :)

First off allow me to welcome you to the game friend! You said your new, may I ask how long you've been playing? I noticed you expressed an interests in WvW as well which is what caught my eye (my personal fav mode after all), and was wondering what server you were on?

Now as for your question first things first, what type of player are you? What is your typical preferred role? Do you like to get up close and personal with the enemy or kite endlessly around them as they struggle to reach you? Do you enjoy complicated piano builds that you learn and master or prefer simpler things? Are you a lone would or do you prefer to have a pack? Additionally why did mesmer and engineer catch your eye? Having more details about your playstyle and interests will help those thinking of giving advice have a better grasp of what you need.

Archived