patch. can u explain where are we going ?

EUmad.7645

I read the patchnote. I am happy for the damage nerf and i don't think this patch is so tragic for holosmith.But there is something else that i don't understand and i'd like someone explain me .Anet does not buff things randomly so i am trying to understand where they want to go becouse i am sure that if they buff something and not something else they have an idea of gameplaying (otherwise they had never been able to develop a game like this . Players should look at what they buff and try to understand how anet imagined you to play .Buff on mortar : good thing for wvw . Mortar is a good support weapon and in wvw it can be usefull ( in my opinion it is less usefull in spvp ).Buff on elixr X : good if one use it even if now alchemy is less used than beforeBuff on A.E.D. : I love A.E.D. really much and in my opinion traited with gadgetteer now is not that bad but i think i am the only one in the world using it so i don't know if it has a meaning. couple with pistol 5 or pull ( toolkit 3 ) can be really fun (pull f1 pistol 5.. for example ) .
Buff on pistols : pistols are my favourite weapon set but cd reduction on pistol 2 and 5 are not bad but how to play condi engi now ? it is viable ? what is the meaning of buffing something unusable ? or there is an use that i don't see ?I tried to imagine a build thought by anet for making this buffs... .this is what i arrived to :http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqanUICtbhlcB2XBkfhF2iC8DLxAYMOGjaTsjixnA-jJRAQBxY/hyUGAAPAASeCAAAIt is not unviable .... but it is not the best thing i can see. It is fun to play and it has a decent survivability expecially for EG but ... i don't think this is what they are thinking at for buffing these thingsAny better suggestion ?

Do you really think that they are know what they buffing??? Nerfing is easy - just cut down strongest skills. I remember when Anet buff toolkit trait - everyone yell "yarrr scrapper with toolkit, low cd block, increased endurance " do you think that anybody past year use TK? In higher tiers? NO. They buff something what nobody use, and waiting if this skill/trait catch in some builds - or better they don't care.

Holosmith nerfs was ok, meaby not enough. Nerfing holo via core traits nerfing scrapper too. I can't find taste of this holographic berserker , I more like scrapper which is more like core engi (some support, some dmg, some tanky - jack of all trades). With holo they make only one thing right - return rifle into meta.

So , do you think that mortar save your squad in WvW? Or 2 sec cd reduction on pistol is engi build breaking? Protection injection nerf showing you that you are even more forced into conversion build holo(pvp). I wish to cut holo even more and finally buff some reasonable core traits for build diversity. Yea and fix adaptive armor...

@"EUmad.7645" said:I read the patchnote. I am happy for the damage nerf and i don't think this patch is so tragic for holosmith.But there is something else that i don't understand and i'd like someone explain me .Anet does not buff things randomly so i am trying to understand where they want to go becouse i am sure that if they buff something and not something else they have an idea of gameplaying (otherwise they had never been able to develop a game like this . Players should look at what they buff and try to understand how anet imagined you to play .Buff on mortar : good thing for wvw . Mortar is a good support weapon and in wvw it can be usefull ( in my opinion it is less usefull in spvp ).Buff on elixr X : good if one use it even if now alchemy is less used than beforeBuff on A.E.D. : I love A.E.D. really much and in my opinion traited with gadgetteer now is not that bad but i think i am the only one in the world using it so i don't know if it has a meaning. couple with pistol 5 or pull ( toolkit 3 ) can be really fun (pull f1 pistol 5.. for example ) .

Buff on pistols : pistols are my favourite weapon set but cd reduction on pistol 2 and 5 are not bad but how to play condi engi now ? it is viable ? what is the meaning of buffing something unusable ? or there is an use that i don't see ?I tried to imagine a build thought by anet for making this buffs... .this is what i arrived to :http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqanUICtbhlcB2XBkfhF2iC8DLxAYMOGjaTsjixnA-jJRAQBxY/hyUGAAPAASeCAAAIt is not unviable .... but it is not the best thing i can see. It is fun to play and it has a decent survivability expecially for EG but ... i don't think this is what they are thinking at for buffing these thingsAny better suggestion ?

Their buffs to core engineer pretty clearly indicated that they don't play core engineer with any regularity. Why else would they think pistol 2 and pistol 5 needed to get cooldown reductions for condi engineer/pistols to become viable again? Or for that matter, why buff pvp/wvw mortar kit, but not pve mortar kit? It's not overperforming there either.

These are throwaway buffs, plain and simple. They're meant to appease the easily fooled. They don't actually do anything functional to make core more viable in a competitive game mode. The mortar kit change in WvW mayyyyyyy be helpful if the enemy is too stupid to put up reflects or projectile destruction.

Archived