Launcher patch download glitch on slow connection?

I hadn't played GW2 since last weekend. I tried patching the game yesterday afternoon, and it will not finish patching, even after letting it run overnight. Total amount of data used is about 3 GB so far, but I read over on Reddit the size is supposed to be around 350 MB.

My connection is currently being throttled by Verizon due to exceeding the data limit for this month, so it's capped at 75 KB/s. Is it possible the GW2 launcher is being confused by the low speed limit, and keeps redownloading the same files over and over and over?

That sounds more like some sort of corruption going on causing it to constantly have to redownload the same bit over and over. Could be on your side or maybe one of the patch servers is serving out bad data. If it is the patch server there should be more people experiencing the same issue.

I tried using the -repair command to fix the issue, it didn't work. Let the patch download run overnight again, used another 2 GB of data with the download stuck at 4 files remaining.I finally gave up and restored a backup copy of the DAT file from a month ago, then used someone else's internet connection to redownload a month's worth of patches, 1 GB in all.If I didn't have that backup DAT file, I would have had to reinstall the game. Please make the patching system more compatible with slow and throttled connections, I would also appreciate a Repair option that detects problems in partially downloaded patch data.

Archived