OP Raptors?

@Rennie.6750 I'm talking about a level 1 character 1-shotting Vet creatures in the opening area. I feel like the mounts should have power scaling, otherwise I can run around with my level 1 character completing quests that would otherwise require actual skill lol. The only mobs I don't 1-shot in the opening area for new players is champions (like Zek the Venomous).

@Rennie.6750 said:Most NPCs on the new zone have 20-30k health (not counting elites, they have a lot more), a raptor at rank 2 does about 4.7k dmg. That's hardly a one shot.

That's not it. There's a bug that causes the tail sweep damage scaling to break. When I was experimenting with Raptor on my lvl 14 elementalist I noticed that the tail sweep does 7 800 damage, which is about twice of what it does on my lvl 80 character. So far this seems to be the case only on my light armor classes (ele, mesmer).

You can imagine how effective 8k damage nuke is in lvl 15 zone xD

I'm seriously considering taking advantage of this and powerleveling my new characters using Raptor as a tactical nuke until they fix it.

To OP: It's a bug, it's not supposed to happen. On my level 21 Engi it does about 330 damage as it should.

Archived