Multiplayer Story Instances

Tularius.4138

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting, so I apologize if my comments are already covered elsewhere or if I'm just being whiny.

One thing that I've noticed in going through both the LS3 story missions and now the PoF missions is that the combat seems to be balanced around having at least two players per instance, but that any character who isn't the instance owner is unable to participate in non-combat aspects such as conversations or puzzles. In the best case, this leads to boredom on the part of the other players, but it also leads to frustration in other circumstances such as when there are timed achievements in play. It would be really great if things could be changed so that all players could interact with every element of a story instance. Just my two cents.

I agree with you, although I find PoF to be a lot more flexible about it than LW3 was. I almost quit the game again during LW3 story as the quests were not only oriented around having a team, but also were boring and frustrating at times (coughCad's Mansioncough), but PoF didn't seem too overbearing yet, given I only just finished Crystal Oasis, so my experience is still limited (as I like to take my time to enjoy the game too, I mean, it's only Day 1).

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:Yes, agreed. Please let us group and complete the quests together. Randomly select which player does the speaking. Add voting to the multiple choice parts of the story. Add an ability to abstain from voting to prevent the story from progressing for you, if you hate the direction everyone else is going.

Those are all pretty sound suggestions brutha. Well put.

Archived