Weapons for Power Warrior

Raysson.2079

Hello,

I haven't played power warrior in over a year and a lot has changed since then. Recently I made an asc power set for it that I want to use in fractals (T4) and raids and did some build research.

Did I get this right?

Fractals:Boons need to be stripped (e.g. No Pain No Gain) and banners need to be carried=> Spellbreaker with Dagger/Axe + GSBanners need to be carried => Core Warrior with Axe/Axe + GSNeither of them (pure DPS) => Spellbreaker with Axe/Axe + GS

Raids:DPS Warrior => Spellbreaker with Axe/Dagger + Mace/Axe (This seems to do the highest single target dps in the benchmarks I've found and doesn't rely on Full Counter) or the Condi Berserker of courseBS Warrior => Condi BerserkerBS Warrior when lots of CC is needed or condis aren't very effective => Core Warrior with Axe/Axe and Mace/Mace

Is it better to switch out GS for something like mainhand/offhand Mace or offhand dagger and maybe distribute an axe somewhere else? Could someone point out the pros and cons of each weapon in different scenarios please?

On a side note: Now that Empower Allies is only 100 points and Tactics benefits SB less/Discipline benefits it more than Condi Warrior, is it still worth taking the Tactics line as a SB? (Especially with a healer in your party/sub group)

I would be glad about any help and insight. Thanks a lot in advance!

TBH, I think you need at least three power DPS for Tactics to be worth it over Discipline. That goes for both Power and Condi.

Mace/Axe build works better on Golem, but in practice, Greatsword + Axe/Axe is equal in damage (if you play it right), with a smoother rotation and better mobility.

in Fractals, you can swap mainhand Mace/Axe with Dagger for boon stripping, if necessary.

@Raysson.2079 said:Hello,

I haven't played power warrior in over a year and a lot has changed since then. Recently I made an asc power set for it that I want to use in fractals (T4) and raids and did some build research.

Did I get this right?

Fractals:Boons need to be stripped (e.g. No Pain No Gain) and banners need to be carried=> Spellbreaker with Dagger/Axe + GSBanners need to be carried => Core Warrior with Axe/Axe + GSNeither of them (pure DPS) => Spellbreaker with Axe/Axe + GS

Raids:DPS Warrior => Spellbreaker with Axe/Dagger + Mace/Axe (This seems to do the highest single target dps in the benchmarks I've found and doesn't rely on Full Counter) or the Condi Berserker of courseBS Warrior => Condi BerserkerBS Warrior when lots of CC is needed or condis aren't very effective => Core Warrior with Axe/Axe and Mace/Mace

Is it better to switch out GS for something like mainhand/offhand Mace or offhand dagger and maybe distribute an axe somewhere else? Could someone point out the pros and cons of each weapon in different scenarios please?

On a side note: Now that Empower Allies is only 100 points and Tactics benefits SB less/Discipline benefits it more than Condi Warrior, is it still worth taking the Tactics line as a SB? (Especially with a healer in your party/sub group)

I would be glad about any help and insight. Thanks a lot in advance!

If you're playing melee, then use greatsword + axe/axe. If you want to mix melee with range, use either greatsword or axe/axe with rifle.

Archived