Guild Member Login Data

GreenEye.1206

Our guild promotes members based on WvW attendance. We also promote base on time at certain ranks.

Is there anyway ANET can add API requests for Guild member Login Data?Would be nice to get Guild member, date, login time, map. Basically, the similar info on the Guild panel main tab?Also, would be nice to get Guild Member, current rank as well.

First, having "live" data like current map, isn't feasible due to the API caching system (5 minutes), unless this will be exception for it.Second, the other options like member presence status / last login time is a feature that has been requested before. However, due to privacy concerns, this feature hasn't been implemented (yet). It was proposed in issue #144.

@"Archomeda.6472" said:First, having "live" data like current map, isn't feasible due to the API caching system (5 minutes), unless this will be exception for it.Second, the other options like member presence status / last login time is a feature that has been requested before. However, due to privacy concerns, this feature hasn't been implemented (yet). It was proposed in issue #144.

I think when I'd read the privacy concerns when they were first discussed, I thought they were reasonable. In retrospect, people are just paranoid about any information that guild leaders (or any other member) access, and would probably say that access to their account name and rep/norep status is a privacy violation if seeing that info weren't already the norm. Even people on their friend list could get the online/offline status information.

So, how can a WvW guild get a history of online status and map names for their members (@GreenEye.1206 - current rank and join date can be accessed using the API)? Since the info is already on the guild panel main tab, a technique similar to some of old dps calculators that screenshot the chat log and use OCR to recognize what it says could be used, except to extract the information from the in-game guild panel; store that information and repeat the process every "x" seconds and you've got a roughly current status for every member, along with history.

Alright, but that raises concerns about violating the ToS for macros.. so what non-ToS violating options are there? Since completely real-time information probably isn't needed (especially if there are just certain times where you care about attendance), you could create an account that is a member of the guild for using with mechanical turk and pay someone to update a list of information every so often -- now that could get pretty costly, and since mechanical turk might not guarantee the same employee every time, it could be considered account sharing. Fortunately, there are many sites out there for hiring freelancers, so you could hire a "permanent" freelancer to create an Guild Wars account and then monitor your guild member list indefinitely; or if your pockets aren't that deep, bribe a sibling with fresh-baked cookies to sit on Guild Wars all day watching the guild member list.

There are a few options (presented above) available for getting the information @GreenEye.1206 is looking for about date, login time, map, and current rank that some guilds could already be using, though the information the official API supports getting right now is limited (and the alternate options will cost money, or cookies).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses.

I completely understand the security and privacy concerns with sharing information about a guild member. I would be concerned if my guild leader could see where I was at any point in time in history.

Currently, to do WvW raid attendance, I am taking a screenshot, then entering the data on a spreadsheet to track the info. I hope to automate this process with an API addition.

What I want, is to have the same data shared in the Guild Panel. I would want to send a server request for guild member account, location, last seen for the current time when the command is sent, not a specific time in history. This is information that is already available in the Guild Panel. Is there a process for requesting Arenanet to add this type of request to the API?

Archived