Can we remove LS2 achievement gate?

Aragorn.5462

I was wondering if ANET would look at removing the "gate" on LS2 achievement that require you to first complete the story then replay it on the same character in order to start earning the achievements for each step. With all the things we have to do with a new expansion I was working on helping my wife get caught up on story, only to be reminded that for her to get those achievements we'll have to play each story step at least 3 times to get all the achievements, and all of that has to be on the same character. It seems like something that isn't really needed anymore because we have the main story, LS2, HoT, LS3, and now PoF. Not sure how much work it would be, but I'd love to see that change.

Exactly, this was done when content was rather dry, and it helped stretch out LS2 a bit, but we don't need it anymore. But to answer your question LSD it does have to be the same character, and I can agree with Tanner even if very first time achievements aren't unlocked, at least alt toons after it's been completed once on an account to do them on their first time through so you still get the story rewards.

Archived