Armor Skins [Suggestion Included]

Okay, I know this subject has been done to death, but really. Why no new armor skins?Sure we get the occasional pair of gloves or shoulders or what not. One new one every chapter at that. But really? Without Chest pieces or legs, what does that give us? Another pair of gloves that is hidden beneath most chest pieces? Hugely bulky shoulders that are bigger than the characters head? Pieces that have different dye palates and textures than anything else so don't really match anything?

So I guess that brings me around to the suggestion portion.1) Instead of releasing a single armor piece for specializations/classes, why not do a whole set that you need to collect? Much like the Revenent in Heart of Thorns?2) With each living story chapter, make the gear rewarded for completing the achievements all part of one set that is completed at the end. No more of these stand alone fixtures that no one really uses at all.

It just seems disheartening that the only new 'appearance' options we truly get are Gemstore outfits that leave us looking just like everyone else.

it sucks but i like the idea of working toward a set I enjoyed the mistwarden set, however, I doubt they would invest that much time into a full set on the other hand if it where to happen it would be either through 6 chapters of ls(x) 1 chapter = 1 piece whether that's heads, shoulders, chests, gloves, pants or boots doesn't matter but yeh I don't really understand the second part so I don't know how to respond to that

@Morsheira.6102 said:Okay, I know this subject has been done to death, but really. Why no new armor skins?

The cost of building them, which is basically the cost of fitting 10 different skeletons from them, making sure they don't clip (too much) with everything else, etc. Takes both artist and modelling time, and those are usually in extremely short supply.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I wasn't asking for any Armor Sets in the Gem store. I was asking for things obtainable in game.Such as the Achievement reward for completing X-number of achievements each chapter eventually building a full set (Chapter 1 headpiece. Chapter 2 Shoulders. Chapter three Chest. etc) instead of just being a collection of random pieces like gloves and shoulders that don't go together with anything.

And I can understand that. But I fail to see one complete a season, which usually takes a year give or take to get through, is entirely unreasonable.I mean, there's nothing saying it cannot be the same set for each armor weight as many of the pieces that come out are already shared skins across armor weights.

I suppose it's disheartening. Seeing them more and more pull away from the original model of customization towards a generic 'here slap this on and see how different you can make it look with a colour palate'. Even in PoF, two of the Armor sets are the same with the exotic version just being a more detailed Variant of the Rare.

And yes, I do understand the amount of resources it takes to create them. I truly do. But again, I really don't understand how one single set a season is unreasonable. Maybe if they took a team away from just tweaking the mount details and calling them 'new skins' over and over and over they'd have the resources for it?

Archived