Condi mirage is overrated, you seriously think this is OP?

DrDivine.5378

I cbf'd writing a new response on every mesmer thread so ima just copypasta

The main problem is there is no decent window to play your hand against the mesmer so to speak, with the staff teleport and jaunt you have essentially 4 blinks out of melee rng, and the staff PR is on a 10sec cd, if u take illusionary ambush it is yet another port that breaks targeting on a 20 sec CD, stealth from the torch every 24 seconds, stealth from decoy every 40 seconds, that is 6 seconds of stealth, the distortion invuln every 42.5 seconds, mirror images another break targeting ability on a 30sec CD with a short port and stun break, and axes of symmetry every 8 seconds which is a port, breaks targeting again, and is also an evade. You cannot be stunned pretty much if u also factor in EM.

2 stun breaks not including EM Decoy(40sec), Mirror Images(30sec)6 ports Phase Retreat(10sec), 3x Jaunt(20sec), Illusionary Ambush(20sec), axes of symmetry(8sec)1 invuln(42.5sec)2 stealth The Prestige(24sec) Decoy(40sec)Superspeed on any mirage cloak2 Break targeting Illusionary Ambush(20sec), axes of Symmetry(8seconds)

All this survivability would be fine if the class took quite some time to kill their target, but the fact they can condi load you in a matter of seconds makes it horribly broken. I think Warrior/SB has far too much survivability, condi mirage takes that imba and launches it into stratosphere levels of stupid.

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:I dont play condi mirage (and have fought many), however Condi mirage itself cannot get all the blame. I find a lot (and I mean A LOT) of people either dont manage their condi cleanses properly (which is a L2P) or dont adapt to fighting them (change a trait/skill.,,,etc when you see you are vs a mirage...which is also a L2P)

Its easy to put 110% blame on the build/spec, however takes 2 to tango.

PS. I agree that condi mirage is "unbalanced" but def not as far as "OP"...as the term is very mis used.PPS. Druid and SB is a good counter as is Scourge (another problem) and those weavers that can shed condis like candy

Any condi mirage with their salt should be eating Scourges alive. Between stealth, blind, evades and interrupts you should always be able to avoid the Plague signet and stop the Cleanse Conditions before it happens. Plague signet is literally their only hope for winning that match up.

@Poelala.2830 said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:I dont play condi mirage (and have fought many), however Condi mirage itself cannot get all the blame. I find a lot (and I mean A LOT) of people either dont manage their condi cleanses properly (which is a L2P) or dont adapt to fighting them (change a trait/skill.,,,etc when you see you are vs a mirage...which is also a L2P)

Its easy to put 110% blame on the build/spec, however takes 2 to tango.

PS. I agree that condi mirage is "unbalanced" but def not as far as "OP"...as the term is very mis used.PPS. Druid and SB is a good counter as is Scourge (another problem) and those weavers that can shed condis like candyI call it overpowered when you take a 4K damage tick for popping a cleanse to cleanse that 20 stacks of comfy applied on you out of nowhere. Or when you randomly have 10 stacks of burn + cover condi (another 4K) from stealth...

Torch skills are definitely over performing. By a lot. But confusion? Confusion is fine. If you don't attack into it it'll do next to no damage. It's you're fault for using skills into confusion.

Ill bet that most people complaining kill themselves by using skills during high confusion stacks and or running around with high torment stacks.

If you just dodge torch 4 and torch 5 (2nd attack) which is really really easy to do then the mesmer is only stacking confusion and torment on you with occasional bleeds.

Its counter intuitive to stow your weapons and not move at the same time but if u think about it, literally doing that stops their damage after you've dodged the easy to see torch skills.

A lot of mirage play style is using your dodges offensively too. If you roll a mirage and learn it well, its so much easier to fight them. But if you dont know how to play mirage then yes i can see how it can be a nightmare to fight them and a boon to me as i farm you over n over.

@Sampson.2403 said:Ill bet that most people complaining kill themselves by using skills during high confusion stacks and or running around with high torment stacks.

If you just dodge torch 4 and torch 5 (2nd attack) which is really really easy to do then the mesmer is only stacking confusion and torment on you with occasional bleeds.

Its counter intuitive to stow your weapons and not move at the same time but if u think about it, literally doing that stops their damage after you've dodged the easy to see torch skills.

A lot of mirage play style is using your dodges offensively too. If you roll a mirage and learn it well, its so much easier to fight them. But if you dont know how to play mirage then yes i can see how it can be a nightmare to fight them and a boon to me as i farm you over n over.

Yeah because you know standing in place whilst the mesmer loads you full condis whilst you wait for your torment to expire is mlg play, or heaven forbid you might want to use a condi clear on those confusion stacks.

Archived