E-Spec: Mechanist

aceofbass.2163

4 hours ago, RobinotX.1604 said:

Mechanist is a great class I agree. I do think we get some tuning on some skills and there is room for improvement. But I have used a lot of different builds with great succes in WvW, sPvP and open world.

Furthermore, from what I have seen from some content creators they are doing quite well as well.

What disturbs me the most about mechanist is that it is not accomplishing for condition build what people were asking for, which is creating high condition damage builds which are not overly reliant on kits.

Let's assume that mechanist will stay good and avoid the nerf hammer which most pet specs get some day. With the removal of the toolbelt as well as the fact that not many condition utility skills got added with it (literally just 1: supconducting signet, which also doesn't really compete with kits when it comes to conditin damage increase), condition mechanist is actually even more dependant on taking kits on the utility bar than any other elite spec.

Holosmith achieved this shift for power builds, it power dps skills and the photon forge which enabled power builds which are dealing great dps while just taking 1 kit (grenades). What I wanted the most from the new elite spec has been new condition utility skills which are good enough to warrant slotting out kits for them, so I don't have to constantly kit swap whenever I want to play a condition build.

We have to hope once again that a new spec several years later might achieve this... mechanist doesn't deliver.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

What I wanted the most from the new elite spec has been new condition utility skills which are good enough to warrant slotting out kits for them, so I don't have to constantly kit swap whenever I want to play a condition build.

Same here. Tbh a solution could MAYBE be to improve the active effect of superconducting signet. Which includes a lower cooldown from 30 to 25 seconds and maybe burning instead of confusion.
This would allow a build with traits 113 in mechanist.
There would still be something in need to avoid mortar kit but that needs more changes for sure.

Tbh I think i will get a lot hate with this now but i ll say it anyway:
Imo they shouldve just given mechanist 2 roles, support and condi or power and condi. Because they tried to fit the mechanist in all 3 roles it totally lacks of variety and is the opposite of "fully customable" or whatever they said.

Its somehow like harbinger in that part, they wanted all 3 roles in 1 e spec so its 111, 222 or 333 in harbinger too. However as harbinger you can still play a condi/support hybrid or power/support because you just have to switch traits. But as Mechanist this will change everything. The skills get changed and the mech doesnt gain condi or power anymore if you switch out the trait in the middle which is essential for support due to alac and for condi due to converting condi/expertise and for power bc it converts power/preci/ferocity. You basically cant really play a hybrid on it because you will lose too much by just swapping the traits in the middle.
They shouldve just made 2 roles imo. Idc if its power/condi or support/condi but condi should surely be included since we dont have a real condi e spec but we have a good power dps and a good support e spec.
Preferable condi and support tbh bc we already got power and support e spec and a power e spec with a strange condi build. So it would be most likely time for condi and support.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 1