New Mesmer

Xenic.1387

I'm lvl 70 now and have just been running around the game using Sword/Sword and Great Sword. Occasionally I will try Staff in a big fight, but I find it rather lackluster. Since you level so fast in GW2, I almost feel like I really haven't had time to learn all the little nuances that make the difference between being average and being really good. I started searching for guides and pretty much everything I found was older. I wasn't sure if I could trust the information or not. Can anyone recommend a guide, or give some feedback based off the current Mesmer?

BuildPreferred Stats for the buildPreferred WeaponsExample rotation

Right now I'm using Sword / Sword and Great Sword. and while I know before 80 gear and stats aren't as important, I have been picking stuff with Power and Precision.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

You're right. Preferred stats for GS and sword builds are power-precision-ferocity (Berserker's) but you can get some Marauder's(power-precision-vitality-ferocity) or Soldier's(power-vitality-toughness) gear if you struggle keeping yourself alive.

Preferred build would be something like,Duel/Illu/Elite or Duel/Domi/Elite or Duel/Illu/Domi.

Preferred weapons would be GS/Sword + Pistol or GS/Sword + Sword.

A basic rotation would be, 4-2-3-(dodge and ambush if you're a mirage)-Shatter with F1. If your target doesnt die weapon swap and use a phantasm skill (pistol 4 or sword 5) and use sword 2.

Utilities would be Ether Feast as Healing skill, Mantra of Pain, Phantasmal Disenchanter, Blink (for disengaging purposes) and Signet of Humility as elite. If you're a chrono, use Gravity Well as elite. If you're a Mirage, use Jaunt as elite.

@Xenic.1387 said:Thanks @Imperadordf.2687 . That helps. As a rule of thumb should I be shattering every time I get a 3 stack or should I be leaving my minions up to do damage.

Your clones do 0 damage unless you are playing condi with Axe or Scepter or when you have Sharper Images traited (bleeding on crit) so shatter whenever you have 2 or more clones up

Archived