Will the Holosmith get nerfed into oblivion?

Vagrant.7206

@insanemaniac.2456 said:what pushed you to make hms divinity? i made the pre and want to collect all the rifles but i think id rather make bolt and wvw armor for now. do you have predator?

I don't have Predator. In my opinion Predator doesn't match Engi rifle aesthetics, HMS Divinity does. I made it because I have pistol, shield, and sword already. And it's the right mix of ridiculous and well done that fits the Engi theme perfectly to me. And I can make a sweet pirate cosmetic while everything explodes around me!

@Adamantium.3682 said:That's some really cool data the raiding community is gathering. This certainly has the potential to be the most accurate measure of where professions really are in the PvE meta. Benchmarks are theory; this is actual.

What's a little misleading now, aside from the obvious sample size due to it being the first release, is who is playing these professions? How many "noobs" are out there bringing a fully geared Condi Rev into raids? I would bet most of those players are already pretty skilled. Conversely what percentage of Warriors are less skilled players compared to most other professions and are "dragging that average down" for lack of a nicer term? This is obviously some pretty broad strokes I'm painting, and may not even be correct for these examples, but the point remains.

I found this out through something we can relate to more closely in this forum -- power Engi. Partly because I made HMS Divinity and partly because these results came out I decided to go with Power Engi in my raids last week. My DPS was well above the 95% percentile shown on these graphs for pretty much every boss, in some cases by thousands and even sometimes enough to eclipse the next class on the list. I don't really play power Engi much so I'm sure even what I did could be improved pretty easily. For reference my condi Engi numbers from the stats I could find (aren't as great as I thought, I have room for improvement!) were between average and 75% percentile pretty consistently.

Indeed good questions =), however, it's a nice start to finally have average stats comparison and as you may agree not all situations will allow you to achieve the top dps shown in benchmark examples. I'm quite happy to see that power engi build is on same level with condi engi build in terms of dps, curious to see how holosmith will affect the meta.

@Shoyoko.7309 said:

@Adamantium.3682 said:That's some really cool data the raiding community is gathering. This certainly has the potential to be the most accurate measure of where professions really are in the PvE meta. Benchmarks are theory; this is actual.

What's a little misleading now, aside from the obvious sample size due to it being the first release, is who is playing these professions? How many "noobs" are out there bringing a fully geared Condi Rev into raids? I would bet most of those players are already pretty skilled. Conversely what percentage of Warriors are less skilled players compared to most other professions and are "dragging that average down" for lack of a nicer term? This is obviously some pretty broad strokes I'm painting, and may not even be correct for these examples, but the point remains.

I found this out through something we can relate to more closely in this forum -- power Engi. Partly because I made HMS Divinity and partly because these results came out I decided to go with Power Engi in my raids last week. My DPS was well above the 95% percentile shown on these graphs for pretty much every boss, in some cases by
thousands
and even sometimes enough to eclipse the next class on the list. I don't really play power Engi much so I'm sure even what I did could be improved pretty easily. For reference my condi Engi numbers from the stats I could find (aren't as great as I thought, I have room for improvement!) were between average and 75% percentile pretty consistently.

Indeed good questions =), however, it's a nice start to finally have average stats comparison and as you may agree not all situations will allow you to achieve the top dps shown in benchmark examples. I'm quite happy to see that power engi build is on same level with condi engi build in terms of dps, curious to see how holosmith will affect the meta.

Where are you seeing power Engi to be the same as Condi? Condi is consistently better, except maybe Goes and KC understandably. I don't think that means power is bad, they're just not equal. FYI I usually look at single target numbers and use the 95 percentile as what the potential is. I totally agree you will never hit benchmarks. 2/3 of the qT benchmark would be a fantastic run for most bosses. More realistically if you hit half you're doing well.

I do agree engi overall is in a pretty good spot. Consistently high on these dps charts, behind only Condi DD for many of them.

I don't get where the victim complex comes from.

Where are you seeing power Engi to be the same as Condi? Condi is consistently better, except maybe Goes and KC understandably. I don't think that means power is bad, they're just not equal. FYI I usually look at single target numbers and use the 95 percentile as what the potential is.

I do agree engi overall is in a pretty good spot. Consistently high on these dps charts, behind only Condi DD for many of them.

I don't get where the victim complex comes from.

What you say is true, condi is consistently better than power, had a double check, I was definitely wrong there- what was I thinking typing that (forgive me tired today).If we are talking about the victim complex of this post, I tend to find that most good and "easy" builds (non kits) that we had for engineer has always been fine-tuned (nerfed). Holosmith is undoubtedly a fun build and fleshed with skills that really make it a solid playstyle, history just dictates that it is normal to see these non-kit builds go through review to tone down the potential of these builds. If you look into our condi and power meta builds, it's not much different to builds already there since launch, however, others like the turrets builds, go through changes that make them less worthy to take. =/

@ibThuggin.1758 said:I expected nerfs, HS's were doing way too much dmg in the beta period. I think the changes are reasonable but I also know ANet's balance team are straight off the short bus too so I'm sure we haven't seen the end of it.

If other classes could feel it then you know holosmith was a good one. Look at us, getting so excited about it, already we're showing off builds and theorycrafting. I haven't seen this much positivity on the engi's forum since launch.

Remember what I said guys..don't ever forget your engi's pessimism ;)

@Shoyoko.7309 said:

@ibThuggin.1758 said:I expected nerfs, HS's were doing way too much dmg in the beta period. I think the changes are reasonable but I also know ANet's balance team are straight off the short bus too so I'm sure we haven't seen the end of it.

If other classes could feel it then you know holosmith was a good one. Look at us, getting so excited about it, already we're showing off builds and theorycrafting. I haven't seen this much positivity on the engi's forum since launch.

Pretty much. ANet giveth for half a glimmer, and taketh away for 2 years.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Shoyoko.7309 said:

Pretty much. ANet giveth for half a glimmer, and taketh away for 2 years.

And just in time for path of fire launch XD! Let's see how this new holosmith feels before they anet changes their mind again =D

Archived