To all the salty players...

Saunby.5306

Anybody else have the issues where you have a player with some form of Cyber Tourette's cursing and swearing at the team. Belittling everyone, being sanctimonious and claiming to be the backbone of the team, threatening and writing essays instead of playing? If you really get this mad at a game then maybe you shouldn't play? Does reporting ever get looked at? It is ridiculous how someone can get that outraged over a game. Felt sorry for the guy he was belittling, I messaged him to focus on the game and then get whispers after game belittling and threatening me, oh the joys. If you feel this player might describe you, then please, take a chill pill, and just enjoy the game- win or lose! Rant over.

I did report them in the end, just posting to hopefully open the eyes of some individuals that may play this way. It spoils the game for many. We are all diverse ages, some of the things said could be said to a child who would take this very seriously and to heart. I've played this game since Guild Wars 1 release, just miss the happy community and implore people to just calm down and realise its a game. The teacher in me needed a rant, sorry =)

That is good to hear! I am just hoping people will read this and think beforehand, I am a teacher and regard this as cyber bullying and do think of the kids that play this game and taking this abuse. What I was reading was absolutely appalling from this player! I played Guild Wars 1 at release when I was 13, never had issues like that. So please Anet, I do hope you are cracking down on these reports!

Do you understand why these people are frustrated?

It's placement week, every minonmancer necro and staff ele that placed too high is absolute dead weight that everyone else has to carry. You can only lose so many games due to these piles of excrement and keep your sanity.

Tl;dr: don't play unviable trash builds if you don't want someone to yell at you. Each team has 5 players, by screwing the other four over you are the problem. Not them.

@Egorum.9506 said:Do you understand why these people are frustrated?

It's placement week, every minonmancer necro and staff ele that placed too high is absolute dead weight that everyone else has to carry. You can only lose so many games due to these piles of excrement and keep your sanity.

Tl;dr: don't play unviable trash builds if you don't want someone to yell at you. Each team has 5 players, by screwing the other four over you are the problem. Not them.

The thing is I have seen a lot of players such as minionmancer's or staff ele's that do actually perform very well (Ok, maybe not minionmancer's as such), and have won being in my team. I am mainly in platinum ranking and I focus on the game rather than write essays belittling someone. Think of the time lost when you are typing and ranting to these, I have been in matches where the team is winning, then arguments happen in chat and we are losing due to time lost :/

Update: Just had a player who refused to play from the beginning saying that we were all trash players. (literally the first second with no score). Having not seen the playstyle. They said "no team play and you are all trash". Yet they are refusing to play from the very beginning? They dictated orders from the start and because someone didn't do what they wanted they refused to play? REALLY? I don't get annoyed easily but people like that, its just ridiculous, especially when it is ranked!

Archived