Would PvP be more fun if 1 line of each trait line in the game were reworked exclusively for PvP?

SeaMonsterGuy.5032

Honestly just throwing common sense at the wind here. I got this idea after reading Ryan's post and agreeing with most of the comments made there, then I remembered how anet stated a design goal was making each row of traits geared towards a role for the class. I still love this game, but each anniversary that ticks away makes me feel like another year of wasted potential and ultimately unfulfilled waiting ever since GW2 was announced... it hurts to play this game and STILL miss aspects of GW1 that felt like they were part of the DNA of the franchise, PvP being the biggest aspect I wish had been sufficiently developed from day 1. I see more and more posts about class design simply being unfun, regardless of balance, and I mostly agree. So I just wanted to make a poll to spark some more discussion and see possible wishful thinking ideas on better solutions.

So if they make the 3rd line of every specialization line to be good in PvP, everyone just runs 3, 3, 3, .. 3, 3, 3, and 3, 3, 3? I hate to say it, but that sounds extremely boring.

I'm of the opinion that entire specs should be usable everywhere but optimal in only certain game modes. By the time that we have 3 elite specs, I would hope that most professions could have one that's meta in raids, large scale WvW, and PvP, or as close as possible.

@Chaith.8256 said:I'm of the opinion that entire specs should be usable everywhere but optimal in only certain game modes. By the time that we have 3 elite specs, I would hope that most professions could have one that's meta in raids, large scale WvW, and PvP, or as close as possible.

Yeah, that's my preferred option that's most realistic. If with the next expac they released a balance overhaul that dedicated 1 spec to each game mode I'd be happy.

While I agree that 3, 3, 3 does sound boring, they kind of already tried that. Which is why I think if they did it well, it could be interesting since there are still 7 trait line options to build out of and we aren't locked into 3, 3, 3. Honestly, I don't think this idea makes sense or would even work if we aren't locked into the bottom 3, I just wanted to see some fun brainstorming. But if reworking class design this way allowed them to make class design optimally fun in conquest, I would call that more interesting since traits are one of the least fun aspects of the gw2 combat system imo. I love build crafting and theorizing, but every time I start I remember how much more fun it was in GW1 and other games anyways, so in the end it feels like an annoying add-on to the fluid simplified skill system that I can't ignore.

Archived