There needs to be consequence...

Talzed.4153

Players feel free to afk, or throw a match. Losing 300-250, not a problem. Just /sit. Even if you are reported it will show minimal time because if its 4-5 people lose quick. Want to circle mid and not engage? No problem! Probably wont be reported, and even if you are nothing will happen. I average reporting a few players every evening because of their misbehavior, only to see them again.

If you care about the game, you really need to find a way to encourage players to try to do their best the whole match (and no, the extra pips for getting to 400 don't seem to be enough)

The problem is the saltyness. I've just had a match yesterday with (imo) really good opponents. I had someone invade me on close and it was a really tense 1on1 untill my team won mid and i got help. Then we zerged to far and took it.And in just this moment, the enemy team refrained from playing, stood in their base and simply "gave up". I didn't understand this, because the match was at ~20:100 at this time, but there must've been someone so salty that the whole team lost the interest in playing.

Imo, you need to punish trashtalking more. People rarely AFK just because they are losing, but because they are losing and someone flames them or calls "noob team" or similar.

@Wolfric.9380 said:Best motivation is no gain on blowouts and strong gain increases (2 pips are nothing motivating). Like: Noting below 200. +2 Pips till 300 +5 pips till 400 and over 400 half rating loss and an extra gold ... And use the dishonour system against AFK er´s with a voting system...

Well that's kinda fundamentally wrong. Matchmaking is there for people to have fair matches. If there is a blowout game, that SHOULD mean that the winners deserve to face better player's, and therefore be boosted in rank, not gimped.

However, that doesn't take into consideration the fact that people throw. There must be some penalty for throwing, not for playing well :)

@Marckan.9526 said:

@Wolfric.9380 said:Best motivation is no gain on blowouts and strong gain increases (2 pips are nothing motivating). Like: Noting below 200. +2 Pips till 300 +5 pips till 400 and over 400 half rating loss and an extra gold ... And use the dishonour system against AFK er´s with a voting system...

Well that's kinda fundamentally wrong. Matchmaking is there for people to have fair matches. If there is a blowout game, that SHOULD mean that the winners deserve to face better player's, and therefore be boosted in rank, not kitten.

However, that doesn't take into consideration the fact that people throw. There must be some penalty for throwing, not for playing well :)

@Marckan.9526 said:

Well that's kinda fundamentally wrong. Matchmaking is there for people to have fair matches. If there is a blowout game, that SHOULD mean that the winners deserve to face better player's, and therefore be boosted in rank, not kitten.

I think (hope) he means if your team gets completely blown out that you get no reward at all. Not if you WIN a blowout.

So, if your team scores under 200, you get 0 pips. Although this kinda sucks if there is just a couple people trying hard. I have been in matches where scored under 200 and nobody afked. Would be extra frustrating to sit there and see myself doing 40% of my team's damage, 30% of my team's healing, 30% of my teams offense, and have like 15% of my team's deaths and, in general, feel like I played as well as I could and to see 0 pips. Would likely just increase toxicity.

@Cosbuster.4379 said:I don't think anything can be done other than improving the matchmaking so you have less matches that feel completely one-sided. People need to feel they have a fighting chance.

This.

I would rather wait 30 min for queue and get quality MM than have 2 min queue and face legends when my whole team is bronze silver.

When I look at minimap and can clearly see the pattern of incompetence/ignorance/sheer idiocy I will afk. Full stop.

Why do you want me reported if I refuse to play a farce match with players who don't care or worse, are unashamedly just farming pips for pve wings?

You know easy solution? ADD /RESIGN LIKE EVERYONE HAS BEEN ASKING SINCE DAY1

@Fhynix.2105 said:The problem is the saltyness. I've just had a match yesterday with (imo) really good opponents. I had someone invade me on close and it was a really tense 1on1 untill my team won mid and i got help. Then we zerged to far and took it.And in just this moment, the enemy team refrained from playing, stood in their base and simply "gave up". I didn't understand this, because the match was at ~20:100 at this time, but there must've been someone so salty that the whole team lost the interest in playing.

Imo, you need to punish trashtalking more. People rarely AFK just because they are losing, but because they are losing and someone flames them or calls "noob team" or similar.

That's kinda loaded though. I will admit I am the first to rage at people playing like garbage. But may is only after 17 tried at using encouragement, giving advice, and pinging map or using teamchat to talk to myself.

And to be perfectly honest, as someone who cannot type amd play at the same time, I have to stop playing so I can type our BASIC instructions that are simple for a caveman to understand. Only to get frustrated at nobody listening, people reporting me for afk and even though I am typing, and worst one, that we are now losing because IIIIII was the one carrying the team and since I had to stop to explain BASIC shit to people tanking my rank in League we are is losing.

Losing because I stopped playing for 20 seconds to typeto help idiots who just have no clue.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

@Cosbuster.4379 said:I don't think anything can be done other than improving the matchmaking so you have less matches that feel completely one-sided. People need to feel they have a fighting chance.

This.

I would rather wait 30 min for queue and get quality MM than have 2 min queue and face legends when my whole team is bronze silver.

When I look at minimap and can clearly see the pattern of incompetence/ignorance/sheer idiocy I will afk. Full stop.

Why do you want me reported if I refuse to play a farce match with players who don't care or worse, are unashamedly just farming pips for pve wings?

You know easy solution? ADD /RESIGN LIKE EVERYONE HAS BEEN ASKING SINCE DAY1

Your two latest comments make it clear you are a toxic player that is much more a part of the problem than anything else. AFK and rage because your teammates don't perform to your standards? Please go play a different game mode. I can almost guarantee that players who flame their teammates are much more likely to end up with lopsided losses due to afking or feeding. Meaning your own personality is what is leading to you having such poor match making quality. Toxicity is also something that kills pvp populations, nobody likes getting verbally abused over a loss.

Also, I would be cool with a mercy rule (losing by 250 or 300 = forfeit) but /resign would be terrible. I've been in a lot of matches that we lost a mid fight or were down by 50 and I had teammates raging about "gg" and "noob team" where we end up winning instead. /resign would just have people pushing a forfeit the second they start losing by more than 30. We'd start seeing /resign after the first mid fight got lost. I've been in games that have come back from a 100 point deficit with team work and communication. And I've been in games where that 100 point deficit that spiral to lopsided losses because teammates started flaming each other. I've lost close matches because a teammate decided to flame for some perceived mistake (often not even a mistake, just the flamer being an idiot and not knowing what is going on).

Hmm... probably will be the same Omcrazy.You have a bad start and with a difference of 70/80 points, the team start to whine and some go afk till the 250/300 points difference.If you give an "exploit" ( let's call it this way ), players will abuse of it.

Maybe something like "you gain no pips if you surrender" could do the work, but i would work instead on something who can be tracked.Let's proceed by steps:

1. Players who ruin the game should get punished.
  2. Seems that is hard to ANET understand if a player ruined or not a single game.
  3. ANET wants that you send report for those players who deserve to be punished, but don't allow you to humiliate em in public ( screens on forum ).
  4. The fact that continues to happen it's probably not only related to the f2p effect ( my guess about the % of banned players ), but to player frustration which leads to toxicity. As suggested by many players, if you happen to have a loss streak, maybe ( depends on your behavior ) consider to take a break.
  5. Fifth, but not less important, the punishment itself.

Sometimes can happen that you lose connection ( i had a blackout few minutes ago and i felt sorry for my team ), but talking about ranked, it should be a rare event.

My 2 cents here: Due to the fact that the hardest part of ranked ( in every game ) is to set up a team ( Most people dualQ or soloQ cause they don't have enough players for a premade, or maybe they have enough players, but they can't manage to be all there in the same time ).

I had the opportunity to play Battlerite months ago, and there were 2 unexpected facts that were really appreciated:

1. 2/3 player team ( there were 2v2 and 3v3. no 5v5. Given a team size which is 1/2 of the standard one, will allow many players to make their own ).
  2. Short match. 2 mins each ( it's not possible with gw2 i know, but still lets focus on "short match " ) and you have to win X of em.

To prevent toxicity and incrase the fun, smaller team could be the solution.I don't know if could be possible something like this with this game though.

Well that's it.

Your two latest comments make it clear you are a toxic player that is much more a part of the problem than anything else. AFK and rage because your teammates don't perform to your standards? Please go play a different game mode. I can almost guarantee that players who flame their teammates are much more likely to end up with lopsided losses due to afking or feeding. Meaning your own personality is what is leading to you having such poor match making quality. Toxicity is also something that kills pvp populations, nobody likes getting verbally abused over a loss.

Also, I would be cool with a mercy rule (losing by 250 or 300 = forfeit) but /resign would be terrible. I've been in a lot of matches that we lost a mid fight or were down by 50 and I had teammates raging about "gg" and "noob team" where we end up winning instead. /resign would just have people pushing a forfeit the second they start losing by more than 30. We'd start seeing /resign after the first mid fight got lost. I've been in games that have come back from a 100 point deficit with team work and communication. And I've been in games where that 100 point deficit that spiral to lopsided losses because teammates started flaming each other. I've lost close matches because a teammate decided to flame for some perceived mistake (often not even a mistake, just the flamer being an idiot and not knowing what is going on).

You are grasping at anything to fit your narrative. Nowhere did I say people were not playing how I like. I don't care what build you have what you do as long as it works or contributes to team effort.

My issue AS STATED was watching pure chaos on minimap. If you were in pve doing vinewrath and everyone was fighting random mobs unrelated to he VW event saying "killing mordrem, gonna win event" ...would you not call them idiots? Especially AFTER you explained the map mechanics?

I am not talking about games lost by 50 points, you are purely stating that to draw away from what you full well know was the real metric.BLOWOUTS.

Toxic player...

Which I very well might be! That's the thing. I freely admit that I am a jerk sometimes. I SAY mean things. And on occasion appoligieze via whispers for it when I know I am being an idiot.

What I am highly suspect of is someone who calls other people toxic. Experience shows the first person to point a finger and cry "toxic" is usually not the most level headed and magnamonious player.

After all, saints never admit their failings.

Back to he point though...Blowouts. 4/10 games for me are 60/500+. No point. Zero point. I would rather RESIGN and give up 3 pips.

Nobody cares if you enjoy dueling. If team majority wants to RESIGN so be it. Just like gw1.Nobody want to kill 15 minutes to satisfy whatever you got going on.

Also if you read my 2nd post you clearly didn't understand that I alone was carrying said teams. And we were still losing. So uhh yeah I don't think my afk broke the bank.

You are refusing to deal with reality and want to sing koombyah.

And so we are straight here; I like how you downvoted my posts. I want you to know upvoted all yours. Because I don't cry when someone has an opinion I don't like.

Not sure if I am doing this formating thing right but here goes:

@"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

I am not talking about games lost by 50 points, you are purely stating that to draw away from what you full well know was the real metric.BLOWOUTS.

I believe this was in reference to my comments about the /resign idea? My point is that if you implement a forfeit option you are going to start having players raging at their teammates to forfeit as soon as they start to fall behind even if the game is 100% still winnable. People are not going to wait for it to turn into a blow out before they start insisting on a forfeit.

Toxic player...

Which I very well might be! That's the thing. I freely admit that I am a jerk sometimes. I SAY mean things. And on occasion appoligieze via whispers for it when I know I am being an idiot.

What I am highly suspect of is someone who calls other people toxic. Experience shows the first person to point a finger and cry "toxic" is usually not the most level headed and magnamonious player.

You would have a better point here if I had just called you toxic out of the blue. But you literally commented about how you flame teammates and afk when you are losing. Literally the definition of toxic. I've never quit on a match and while I have lost my temper and responded to flamers with flames of my own I tend to do my best not to because in the end thats just immature behavior. I don't flame people just for being bad or not knowing any better. But yes, if I have a teammate abusing the rest of his team for being "noobs" while being a noob himself then I will likely flame him.

Back to he point though...Blowouts. 4/10 games for me are 60/500+. No point. Zero point. I would rather RESIGN and give up 3 pips.

I would too, but I would rather suffer through 7 more minutes of a blow out than deal with people yelling at their team to forfeit whenever they lose the first battle for mid or fail to cap a bell. Which is what would happen.

Nobody cares if you enjoy dueling. If team majority wants to RESIGN so be it. Just like gw1.Nobody want to kill 15 minutes to satisfy whatever you got going on.

My games last 8-11 minutes on average. Blowouts usually on the shorter end. What are you doing to waste 15min?

Also if you read my 2nd post you clearly didn't understand that I alone was carrying said teams. And we were still losing. So uhh yeah I don't think my afk broke the bank.

You are refusing to deal with reality and want to sing koombyah.

And so we are straight here; I like how you downvoted my posts. I want you to know upvoted all yours. Because I don't cry when someone has an opinion I don't like.

I upvote when I think someone makes a point I agree with. And downvote when they make one I disagree with. It that way we communicate whether we agree or disagree with someone's comment. Its imaginary internet points, I am not even sure its tracked anywhere. I will downvote pretty much any comment I see that mentions how they AFK or flame teammates when dealing with a losing team. It honestly makes the game worse for everyone, much worse in my mind than someone just not knowing mechanics or not seeing a typed message in the heat of battle.

Point 1. I agree.Point 2. No. I afk when wilful ignorance/unwilingness to teamplay. I will NEVER afk because we are losing.

I afk depending on WHY we are losing. Please understand the distinction. I will play to the bitter losing end if my team tries ro comminucate or at the very least fun(if that makes sense?)

Point3. AgreePoint 4. I was using the whole match time because its the maximum time possible "wasted"

Point 5. Fair enough, buy anyone with half a brain can see the potential for troll/abuse/pettyness/etc...

Thats about it.

For the record, I also afk when we are winning if someone on my team is being a colossal dingus or unwarantedly(made up word?) And exessively bashing someone/enemy or for same reaaons as I have saod previously. I do not reward/fascilitate. Just because by PURE chance we got a worse team and are winning does not mean we did a good job.

Also like dude.... when I think someone has gone too far flaming/trash talking, you KNOW that peraon is a bad naughty potato.

@sephiroth.4217 said:The very fact you afk is what makes you toxic, regardless of your excuses.

You are implying there are feelings being expended. Sorry no. I see potato, i don't do potato. Toxicity implies malice. None here.

Bank robber tells me to open vault, "sorry afk, i dont recognize your potatoness"

Will he kill me? Probably. But I will not enable. Did my refusal equate ibto "toxicity"? No. Did my redusal incite the rest of the bank staff into a rabid frenzy? No. Look up toxicity in dictionary plz. You are ABUSING the word.

There should be a written test to take to be allowed rank games during league.

Archived