A Technical Question About Condi Design

Resistance grants "immunity" to damage from condis. You can increase vitality for more hit points, but otherwise condi damage ignores armor and toughness. Condi DURATION can be increased by Expertise. There are foods and upgrades that will grant reduced condi damage, and reduced condi duration. Might does increase condi damage.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:Resistance grants "immunity" to damage from condis. You can increase vitality for more hit points, but otherwise condi damage ignores armor and toughness. Condi DURATION can be increased by Expertise. There are foods and upgrades that will grant reduced condi damage, and reduced condi duration. Might does increase condi damage.

Thanks alot. I knew i had to be missing something, but i still wish there was more resistance options

Various traits and skills will cleanse conditions. Some will target specific conditions and others will target all conditions on you.

Think of cleanse like toughness. Toughness reduces only power damage and cleanse reduces condition damage.

Resistance is 100% immunity from all conditions for the duration of the boon. This includes both damage and effects like cripple. It tends to be shorter duration than protection because it is 100% rather than 33%. As with all boons it can be corrupted or stolen or negated by enemy skills/traits/gear.

Might increases condition damage as well as power damage.

Some armor runes and some foods also reduce the duration of conditions applied to you.

I can offer more specific advice if you say what class you are playing.

@saerni.2584 said:Various traits and skills will cleanse conditions. Some will target specific conditions and others will target all conditions on you.

Think of cleanse like toughness. Toughness reduces only power damage and cleanse reduces condition damage.

Resistance is 100% immunity from all conditions for the duration of the boon. This includes both damage and effects like cripple. It tends to be shorter duration than protection because it is 100% rather than 33%. As with all boons it can be corrupted or stolen or negated by enemy skills/traits/gear.

Some armor runes and some foods also reduce the duration of conditions applied to you.

Im just coming back and i have decided to role a spell breaker after playing my guardian since im struggling with this whole condi thing. I feel like im forced to bring so much condi cleanse on the guardian that is just a rng thing on what i removes, and i hate greatsword on the guardian

@ThenCameThree.4163 said:

@saerni.2584 said:Various traits and skills will cleanse conditions. Some will target specific conditions and others will target all conditions on you.

Im just coming back and i have decided to role a spell breaker after playing my guardian since im struggling with this whole condi thing. I feel like im forced to bring so much condi cleanse on the guardian that is just a rng thing on what i removes, and i hate greatsword on the guardian

Not that I know much about warrior/spellbreaker but...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoeRnk6Ct6ildAmhAcigFiAD5E8CGBGBgIQPD/HnkfyA-jphIQB+7EAowDBACfAAfY/h4VGAAHBAA

Maybe this will help.

@saerni.2584 said:

@ThenCameThree.4163 said:

Not that I know much about warrior/spellbreaker but...

Maybe this will help.

thanks alot im try this out when i get home

Archived