Made a power/tanky renegade build

Tora.7214

Hello, i been trying to find a way to make a build that hits hard, but with a bit of armor too as to not relay purely on the revenant natural sustain. i havent tried this on open world, but i´ve had a very effective goes testing it agaisnt the commander and bosses of spvp lobby coming barely scratched, i would like to hear suggestion or what do you guys think of it

the build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlIQJAssnXNWMTqJvmR/kZzsgytZ4QZ3MYr8bmlNliNMSj3oNAOgF4vHLyjE-jRCBAB8v/QkKB/U9nuUaglyAAeAA5pHwLlYbcCA2HEAYVlqqqSKgIWaB-e

Before explaining it i want to mention the biggest downside of it: dodging is not recommended unless extremely necesary, however there are ways to come across this limitation that ill mention bellow

Also this build was made for open world pve in mind so its effectiveness in other game modes may vary

Equipment:The build uses mainly Cavalier stats with Durability Runes and berserker weapons, wich will be mainly only dual swords, however hammer can be taken if range is needed.

Usage:

• keeping endurance at full gives us extra 33% critical chance, this is why dodging is not adviced unless fully necesary, and Roiling mists makes our fury grant 20% extra crit chance, with the 20% we allready have from berserker weapon and acuracity sigil this means that with both full endurance and fury we still have 90% critical chance without the use of prescision food or presicion gear
  • If dodging is needed weapon swapping will gives us that endurance back thanks to energy rune and Brutal Momentum will give us Vigor each time we gain fury
  • sources of fury: DeathStrike, Endless Enmity, Invoker´s Rage
  • sources of might: Incensed Response, Notoriety, Heroic Command, Vindication

These sources will basically make sure that you can easily keep a 100% uptime of both fury and 25 stacks of might

Damage:

• main damage source on weapon is autoattacking with sword and DeathStrike on CD, and Shackling Wave.
  • the Legends chosen for this are Kalla and Jalis, both for its offensive and defensive capabilities. On Jalis we have Vengeful hammers, and on Kalla we have Darkrazor´s Daring and Icerazor Ire. Sum to these our F2 skill Citadel Bombarment and we have a strong source of aoe damage.

The rotation is basically just using skills as they come out of CD; Hammers on Jalis and Dark/icerazor on Kalla, Deathstrike and Citadel Bombarment on cooldown. then Orders from above to make these last two recharge faster.

Defense:

• This build gives us 3.5k armor and 17k health wich by itself allready helps a lot with surviability, besides that we have a perma uptime of protection on our time on Renegade stance thanks to the trait All for one and damage reduction on Jalis thanks to both Vengeful Hammers and Rite of the Great Dwarf
  • Stability on both stances with Inspiring Reinforcement and Darkrazor´s Daring
  • Evasion on Unrelenting Assault
  • Dodging is not recommended in order to keep Brutal Momemtum, but if needed we still have the means to recover it quickly
  • Legend swapping breaks stun thanks to Empty Vessel

Crowd Control

• Shackling wave
  • Darkrazor´s Daring
  • Forced Engagement

Sustain

• Condition removal on Jalis heal and 50% condition damage reduction on Kalla´s heal
  • Assassin´s Anihilation instead of Swift Termination gives life steal
  • If a burst of healing is needed, summoning both Breakrazor and Ofela in Renegade stance will top up health in an instant, this combination can also be used to tank high damage unscatched by swapping to jalis after summoning both Breakrazor and Ofela; they will stay on the field granting their effects, we will have the protection from All for One, and the damage reduction from either Hammers or Dwarf

This build can be tested on the spvp npcs with cavalier amulet and earth rune, but it wont be as effective as with the recommended gear above.

Let me know what you guys think :)

@"Jimbru.6014" said:L like your general idea of using the Revenant's crit abilities to substitute endurance related stats for Precision. I had a similar idea for PVE, which I've put up in its own thread.

I was able to test the build today on actual real open world pve content, using a few differences while i get the most anoying pieces of the build and found out that you dont actually need to go full cavalier as i did to get extremely tanky.

By replacing the rings and amulet with Knight stats, now you are able to have a passive 33% critical chance, when endurance is not full, 66% when is full and plain out 106% with Fury. and still having a respectable 195% ferocity and 3.4k armor with 16k hp.

I threw myself agaisnt some hard to solo pve content to see how it went, and i found myself that it was able to quite easily solo some of the most anoying ones like the Chak egg champion and the mushroom queen in Tangled Deep by just outright tanking trough their attacks (the mushroom queen needed a bit more strategy)

Fury and 25 might stacks were very easy to keep permanently, and with the natural damage multipliers of revenant i was actually quite surprised with the damage i was doing. throwing a couple legends in renegade stance for protection stack and then switching to jalis for the hammers 20% damage reduction makes you even more tanky.

Ill try to throw myself latter to even harder events to see how it goes, i have the forged commander army event in mind

If im unable to do it, and seeing as its still quite posible to keep a respectable 73% critical chance with fury alone ill try out a Herald variant with staff s/sh later. having a respectably source of regen and block on both weapons might just do the trick

My overall goal here is to find a revenant/renegade/herald capable of tanking trough/soloing extremely hard contents like fractal 80+ and still dealing respectable damage, one of those "one man army" build as they call them. I believe this is quite posible thanks to the overall high critical % and damage modifiers that revenant have on its traits alone that allow him to chose a few defensive stats that sinergy pretty with its natural sustain and still keep a high dps without the need of going full berserker like the current "meta" builds do

Archived