sPvP Reaper Build - Unholy Onslaught

Zex Anthon.8673

I've played a blighter's boon build for a majority of this season, I found the heal you get from it was not significant enough (even with sanctuary runes). I personally preferred running it with fighter's rune for the extra life force from YSIM. I despise running Consume Condition because its a 30s cd heal with a 1.25s cast time. I found that the extra healing and lifeforce from blighter's boon was not enough to make up for the damage output from Reaper's Onslaught, and unholy martyr was already enough to generate life force and mitigate damage.

Blighter's Boon needs to be buffed and moved onto core necro. I would have it replace Unholy Sanctuary in order to increase the life force capabilities of DM and make it more relevant.

I totally agree blighters boon healing and LF should get buffed, especially as an elite skill, but I have never relied on its heal, more it's LF regen

back on topic..

just my 2cents on the build:

if you run bloodmagic in pvp use the well of blood ress trait its still potent in group fights. the "bug" with minor signet of vampirism has been around forever and is only really useful in 1v1 which is not your role.

for bloodmagic grandmaster id suggest either transfusion or vampir wells. traited well of blood as healing skill is quite good too as an alternative for YSIM btw and transfusion with quickness makes you a ress god..

for the missing utility slot next to spectral armor and walk I'd also consider well of power&corruption (especially when traited) and also corrupt boon. lastly might not sound very useful on a power build but it simply nullifies enemy reapers in teamfights while also being useful against spellbreakers, revs and boon beasts and it gives you the opportunity to counter guard stability signet resses

lastly paladin amulet is your way to go since you get free 600 ferocity for your burst. I'd pair it with either scholar or speed runes depending on your comp.

@"DEATHsCLAW.1978" said:back on topic..

if you run bloodmagic in pvp use the well of blood ress trait its still potent in group fights. the "bug" with minor signet of vampirism has been around forever and is only really useful in 1v1 which is not your role.

for bloodmagic grandmaster id suggest either transfusion or vampir wells. traited well of blood as healing skill is quite good too as an alternative for YSIM btw and transfusion with quickness makes you a ress god..

for the missing utility slot next to spectral armor and walk I'd also consider well of power&corruption (especially when traited) and also corrupt boon. lastly might not sound very useful on a power build but it simply nullifies enemy reapers in teamfights while also being useful against spellbreakers, revs and boon beasts and it gives you the opportunity to counter guard stability signet resses

lastly paladin amulet is your way to go since you get free 600 ferocity for your burst. I'd pair it with either scholar or speed runes depending on your comp.

Yea i could use some tips on what runes and sigils to take, I can see taking scholar and just forgoing all might stacking. Makes you less suceptible to weakness as well. I would probably swap courage for energy too then.

Without unholy martyr there isn't enough condi cleanse or life force generation. Wells are nice for the protection when traited, but i feel two wells is not enough for a vampiric rituals build. Plus without unholy martyr, you need to run consume condition for condi removal.

Corrupt boon is good for 1v1s, but I prefer nothing can save you for team play and the unblockable is nice against guardians and warriors. Otherwise I generally run well of power for the extra break stun, condition removal and might stacking.

@Zex Anthon.8673 said:

@"DEATHsCLAW.1978" said:back on topic..

Yea i could use some tips on what runes and sigils to take, I can see taking scholar and just forgoing all might stacking. Makes you less suceptible to weakness as well. I would probably swap courage for energy too then.

Without unholy martyr there isn't enough condi cleanse or life force generation. Wells are nice for the protection when traited, but i feel two wells is not enough for a vampiric rituals build. Plus without unholy martyr, you need to run consume condition for condi removal.

Corrupt boon is good for 1v1s, but I prefer nothing can save you for team play and the unblockable is nice against guardians and warriors. Otherwise I generally run well of power for the extra break stun, condition removal and might stacking.

corrupt boon completely nullifies enemy onslaught reaper damage which is more than enough to justify it even for teamfight if you face one. if you dont it still helps to take down priority targets.

So ran into Anthon in Ranked running this build. It was formidable, and it gave not just myself but my teammates a hard time. Afterward we dueled, which I enjoyed very much, to see how it was played and how to play against it.

It’s not as strong as the previous meta in terms of damage, but definitely offers some good sustain. I think it just has to be min maxed in terms of what needs to stay and what needs to go on the build to maximize the potential

The life force generation on the build is good. It uses spectral armor and spectral walk to gain life force, and martyr. It seemed to have no issues in the life force department

All in all I say it’s a good build

Archived