Condition Soulbeast

jwaz.1908

Just wanted to share my current Condi-Soulbeast build for general PvE. I'm by no means a master build-crafter, however I am a GW2 veteran with a fair understanding of the game and its mechanics. This is also however my first attempt at a condition build, since I've played strictly zerker up until this point. I've done some casual DPS testing and was able to maintain around 7k bleed ticks and 3k poison ticks, though I haven't developed an optimal rotation at this point. Additionally, a blatant weakness of the build is the lack of might stacking, meaning it relies on others to do so, though the build does have a lot of self-quickness application. So without further ado here's my build...

Equipment

• Dagger/Dagger - Shortbow (All Vipers stats)(Superior Sigils of Malice and Bursting)
  • Armor (All Vipers stats)(Superior Runes of the Berserker)
  • Trinkets (Vipers back-piece, rest are Sinister)

Pets

• Bristleback for heavy condition damage abilities in Beast Mode.
  • Cheetah for some light condition and utility abilities.

Utility Skills

• Heal - Bear Stance (For healing/condition cleansing.)
  • Skill 6 - Sharpening Stone (For condition bursts, combined with Sharpen Spines from Bristleback for heavy bleed stacking.)
  • Skill 7 - Dolyak Stance (For stun-breaking and survivability.)
  • Skill 8 - Vulture Stance (For increased offensive capabilities and condition stacking.)
  • Elite - One Wolf Pack (Combine with Sharpening Stone and Sharpen Spines for insane bleeds!)

Traits

• Wildernesss Survival - 3/1/3
  • Skirmishing - 1/3/3
  • Soulbeast - 2/2/3 (Use 2/2/2 for stance sharing while doing group content.)

Please share your thoughts/opinions, or even your own variations on a Condi-Soulbeast build!

I'd switch bristleback to Iboga

• Its unique pet skill is a 1200 range pull
  • Overwhelms enemies with confusion and torment

For the elite, OWP is solid with sharpened edges and if you can equip one sigil of earth to one of your sets, solid bleeds.

Utility pet could be switched to reef drake, its has prelude lash, condition F2 and weakness + blast finisher, which brings me to next suggestion:

Using torch offhand. Fire field + Instinctive engage or Tail Spin = Omnomnom!

For the traits, everything looks solid, but as you deal a lot of poison, you might wanna look into using Predator's Cunning - lifesteal on poison, no ICD, unblockable - it's a DPS increase and also grants a little more sustain. The lifesteal is also per unique poison stacks.

@ProtoMarcus.7649 said:I'd switch bristleback to Iboga

For the elite, OWP is solid with sharpened edges and if you can equip one sigil of earth to one of your sets, solid bleeds.

Utility pet could be switched to reef drake, its has prelude lash, condition F2 and weakness + blast finisher, which brings me to next suggestion:

For the traits, everything looks solid, but as you deal a lot of poison, you might wanna look into using Predator's Cunning - lifesteal on poison, no ICD, unblockable - it's a DPS increase and also grants a little more sustain. The lifesteal is also per unique poison stacks.

Thanks for the suggestions! I had looked into Iboga, though I was turned off by the confusion/torment, since my build is more bleed and poison based, might have to give it a second chance. As for OWP, I didn't realize it worked that way >_>, kind of embarrassing to admit XD. I will definitely switch to OWP, plus stance sharing makes it even more worth. As for Predator's Cunning, I will try and play test with it, however I do like the obvious synergy between Live Fast and Essence of Speed.

@ProtoMarcus.7649 said:I'd switch bristleback to Iboga

What I would like to toss in for general PvE content is to take a look at porcine pets as alternative for the utility spotBrutal charge works wonders with the 3s knockdown on break bars and the F1 has synergy with both power and condition builds (obviously not for min maxing dps, just for the gernal pve the OP asked for and porcine's have access to every beastmode except ferocious)

The same would go for Canine as far as double leap finishers for the suggested fire field (and on a shorter cooldown than the porcine ones) - but at the moment both canine leaps are bugged (travel distance is way shorter than what the tooltip suggests)

Yeah the way OWP works is that when it procs, it deals a hit - a potential of 16 additional hits (and 8 for allies) so any on-crit or on-hit traits and effects can trigger. It also has some moderate base damage and modifier so it's okay-ish too.

Only issue I have with that elite is that it offers a single function, and that is DPS - vuln on hits or event 0.5s quickness on succesful hits would make it much more interesting.

Archived