Will there ever be infusions auras in the gem store?

Synx.3750

I wouldn't mind them being added to the gem store if they were turned into something like people are suggesting with a Aura menu of the wardrobe. If they're going to be sold in the gem store, they can't have bonus stats attached to them.And if people are going to complain about aura stacking because they're offended that someone likes having their character be flashy, also wouldn't mind some sort of setting to limit visual effects of other players.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:I mean different strokes for different folks, as a norn player cosmetics never really mattered. I never use infusions and frankly I want a meter or dial for me to be able to turn the stuff off because its just ugly to look at. More annoying than anything and while I agree people should be able to wear them if they want, I shouldn't have to subject myself to it in my spare time in a video game if I don't desire too. Offering us a way to turn down the visual noise would be nice, it might help with performance too (Doubtful but eh.)

The effect LOD is suppose to do this but it does not really help and I might know why. They might use different techniques to render effects, for example, skill, weapon, armor and aura effects might all use different techniques, and effect LOD only limits some of those. Your going to have to ask anet as to why they don't just create an off option.

@"Excursion.9752" said:I think they should sell some standard auras in the gem store BUT the following changes need to be made first in my opinion:

1) Add the ability to account bind infusions/auras.

2) Add an Aura tab under Equipment in the Hero Panel that allows you to set what Aura/Effect that you want to be turned on. There would need to be a max number that you can turn on. 5 seems like a good starting point for me.

3) Stop the multi stacking of the same auras. This could potentially lower the price on the TP because people would only need one for their account. There really is no need to over do it. I am guilty myself of over doing it.

With the listed system is the +5 stat would not carry over because this would be strictly for cosmetic purposes. So the infusions would basically stay the same needing to be embedded into the armor and would not rely on the aura being tied to it.

On a side note I would like to see the effects of Nightfury and Winter's Presence added to the list of auras when unlocked/crafted.

Nope, I agree with you 100% XD. I would also like to see the points mentioned implemented in the game. Your 3rd point is unlikely to happen though as people already have current auras stacked. They could however add the aura tab and limit each aura to be activated once, for example, you can have 5 different auras activated at any given time.

@"Misterred.1873" said:Yes and thats why infusion have some kind of "prestige" around them and is also the reason people want them. to show off. put those too in gemstore and there rly is nothing anymore to show off

The prestige won't be lost as the infusion from raids will still need to be acquired from raids and the infusions with god awful drop rates will still need to be acquired through Meta events. As for prestige itself I'm not bothered by it. The only thing I care about is how my character looks to me and being able to make my character look nicer.

@Synx.3750 said:

@"Misterred.1873" said:Yes and thats why infusion have some kind of "prestige" around them and is also the reason people want them. to show off. put those too in gemstore and there rly is nothing anymore to show off

The prestige won't be lost as the infusion from raids will still need to be acquired from raids and the infusions with god awful drop rates will still need to be acquired through Meta events. As for prestige itself I'm not bothered by it. The only thing I care about is how my character looks to me and being able to make my character look nicer.

Sad part is that there arent any infusions from raids, they all are on the trading post.