[WvW] Scourge Shaman/Apothecary mix?

Mikau.6920

Hey. I want to build up a Scourge for WvW (zergs) is a Shaman/Apothecary mix good? Or should I focus on a selfish set, like Trailblazer?

I'm not sure how good barrier is, it lasts too short. Does it actually bring enough support? Does healing power actually matters?

Shaman/Apothecary is a good way to play; Healing Power is solid for Scourge since most of the Barrier application the class has uses good scalars. It brings good support if you are actually playing it with open eyes and lending your support whenever possible/desirable. If you're zerging you don't need to use selfish stats because the combination of everyone's damage matters more than just yours (unless you're trying to play selfishly like picking off singles on the sides), whereas each person near you that dies is a rally for the other guys, so being able to contribute to personal and group sustain is pretty sweet.

@Aevis.4632 said:I think the current meta for wvw zerg scourge is full trailblazers atm

thats the current selfish build. given that your in WvW and your team mates deaths tend to lead to your death. the meta in WvW in almost all classes is one that provides more team support. the trick is to find a team support that equally benefits you which is where scourge and renegade become WvW gods. they dont need to give up much at all to become support loaded. a support scourge ends up with constant massive barriers on himself and a support renegade gets tags simply from using kalla abilities while being the tankiest class on the field.

Archived