One Glaring Hole in PoF Heart Vendor Design

The one glaring design issue I have with the heart vendors in PoF is the fact that each map doesn't have its own set of Karma Armor like Core Tyria does in GW2 for a lot of the maps. PoF lacks armor sets. It's a glaring omission and the lack of armor sets is a troubling design choice and pattern by ArenaNet that I wish would be course corrected.

@Iason Evan.3806 said:The one glaring design issue I have with the heart vendors in PoF is the fact that each map doesn't have its own set of Karma Armor like Core Tyria does in GW2 for a lot of the maps. PoF lacks armor sets. It's a glaring omission and the lack of armor sets is a troubling design choice and pattern by ArenaNet that I wish would be course corrected.

Let's see, there's the Elonian armor set, Spearmarshal armor set, Mordant weapons, and Bounty Hunter armor set. That's pretty good for five maps, if you ask me.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@Iason Evan.3806 said:The one glaring design issue I have with the heart vendors in PoF is the fact that each map doesn't have its own set of Karma Armor like Core Tyria does in GW2 for a lot of the maps. PoF lacks armor sets. It's a glaring omission and the lack of armor sets is a troubling design choice and pattern by ArenaNet that I wish would be course corrected.

Let's see, there's the Elonian armor set, Spearmarshal armor set, Mordant weapons, and Bounty Hunter armor set. That's pretty good for five maps, if you ask me.

The Elonian and Spearmarshal sets are just two variations on the same armor. In GW1, the Sunspear and Elonian were totally different sets design-wise. Here, the Spearmarshal is just a fancy Elonian set. It smacks of corner cutting when compared to past efforts by ArenaNet.

Archived