[Suggestion]Put The 3 Strike Mission Bosses Together and Make it a Raid

Alyster.9470

@Cuks.8241 said:You need LFR where you queue, play whatever you are playing and suddenly a raid pops up. No dps/geart/achiev checks, just hop in and play. And it is easy difficulty so checks should not be required and 10-20% of group size can carry.

That's how the first Strike works, queue up with any character regardless of build, get teamed up with any builds/compositions, finish it easily. Maybe they'll add a way to queue up for the Strikes while anywhere in the world, that's the only thing missing.

@"Fueki.4753" said:There is no indications that raids will get easier version either, so we are in the same sinking boat.

Exactly, at the moment we're on a sinking boat that I can agree with. In terms of easier raids they should have added a casual mode with open world like rewards long ago. In that case they weren't in the need to "invent" strike missions.

We have one Strike Mission for now. One that either too easy for people, or too hard for others.It's a boss they claimed will evolve over the course of the season.If it really evolves over time, it makes sense for it to be "easy" in its first incarnation.Therefore, It wasn't Strike Missions that failed, but this one incarnation of the boss.

I doubt that Strikes were too hard for others. Of course you had one group failing here and there at release but that's just normal due to the thing being new. Haven't heard about since.Besides that even if it evolves rising difficulty will reach a point where it'll come to restrictions by squads because the average casual will again not be able to succeed. I can't imagine that's what Arenanet wants or is aiming for. An intermediate won't work.

@Vinceman.4572 said:Besides that even if it evolves rising difficulty will reach a point where it'll come to restrictions by squads because the average casual will again not be able to succeed. I can't imagine that's what Arenanet wants or is aiming for. An intermediate won't work.

The key feature of the Strikes is the length. Even if they get more complex with mechanics, restrictions won't be enforced by squads if it's the same 10 minute content and if a few players can still carry a team. Spending an hour to fill a team for 10 minute content would be a waste, so if future strikes allow carrying and if they remain so fast then restrictions won't become a problem, otherwise they'd need to make sure the matchmaker picks appropriate roles (if they are needed in the future)

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:Besides that even if it evolves rising difficulty will reach a point where it'll come to restrictions by squads because the average casual will again not be able to succeed. I can't imagine that's what Arenanet wants or is aiming for. An intermediate won't work.

The key feature of the Strikes is the length. Even if they get more complex with mechanics, restrictions won't be enforced by squads if it's the same 10 minute content and if a few players can still carry a team. Spending an hour to fill a team for 10 minute content would be a waste, so if future strikes allow carrying and if they remain so fast then restrictions won't become a problem, otherwise they'd need to make sure the matchmaker picks appropriate roles (if they are needed in the future)

Yeah, but that automatically means no challenging content from Strikes at all which some people in this thread are believing. I can't imagine this is the future. Even a Strike CM. It would be a cheap investment - definitely at the costs of new fracs & raids. This is not what you want as a player that wishes challenging instanced content as has been delivered in the past with dungeons, fractals and raids.