Dragonhunter is almost there. Here is what you can do.

mrauls.6519

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@otto.5684 said:If you combine TS, DS and LB5 it is around 50% nerf.Why would you combine them? Individual skills got 30% nerfs in a lot of classes.Blurred Frenzy got 50% nerf, it hits less than retaliation's damage back. Imagine this for a second.

Sure, this why every guardian is running FB.FB is stronger than DH, that's why they are running it.

TS was nerfed by 38% (combination of damage nerf and CD). DS, literal zero damage. LB 5 only the final hit deals damage now. Spear no damage. ToF no initial damage. And the target is not likely to stay in it or pass through it more than once.

Feel free to give the damage skills whatever weight you like. The fact that I gave 50% considering that it’s main two damage skills got 38% and 100% damage reduction, is pretty generous do not you think?

As for FB being better no kitten. It has been the only competitive build since core nerf a year ago. what kitten good is this balance patch if the only competitive build remained the only competitive build. And the margin between it and the other builds in viability got even bigger?

TS still hits hard, deflecting Shot is a usual nerf that every CC got, LB5 hits never dealt any real dmg besides last hit, spear never dealt real dmg, inital ToF hit never dealt real dmg (the dmg buff on crossing made the skill actually stronger)

You don't take ToF for the damage, you take it for the insta-cast, slow, cripple and utility (zone of control) that you could potentially combo off of. Pre-patch you could kill someone with LB 2-3, sword and a few bounces between ToF. Granted, it was extremely hard to land of all that.

They killed a lot of the cool stuff with LB 3 changes.

You did take ToF for the damage, the LB3 nerf is annoying but other classes got similair nerfs

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@otto.5684 said:If you combine TS, DS and LB5 it is around 50% nerf.Why would you combine them? Individual skills got 30% nerfs in a lot of classes.Blurred Frenzy got 50% nerf, it hits less than retaliation's damage back. Imagine this for a second.

Sure, this why every guardian is running FB.FB is stronger than DH, that's why they are running it.

TS was nerfed by 38% (combination of damage nerf and CD). DS, literal zero damage. LB 5 only the final hit deals damage now. Spear no damage. ToF no initial damage. And the target is not likely to stay in it or pass through it more than once.

Feel free to give the damage skills whatever weight you like. The fact that I gave 50% considering that it’s main two damage skills got 38% and 100% damage reduction, is pretty generous do not you think?

As for FB being better no kitten. It has been the only competitive build since core nerf a year ago. what kitten good is this balance patch if the only competitive build remained the only competitive build. And the margin between it and the other builds in viability got even bigger?

there is a big difference in damage and dps.for your 38% dmg nerf I can name pistol 4 that ate 70-80% nerf etc etc.guard wasnt nerf all that hard.

The single biggest guardian nerf was the removal of agility sigil. No other class depended as much in that one second of quickness as guardians did.

power mirage would like to have a word with you, along with power reaper and reveveryone got slap and you keep pretending like you got slapped more then the othersIn fact, power mirage burst combo was made impossible to do against good players by removal of agility.Its not about making it slow/fast, combo is legit impossible anymore.

I'm not debating which classes got the bigger nerfs number wise, I'm just telling you that there are more things to consider than numerical changes. Such as "how did they perform before the patch?", "How did their counters get changed?"

Saying xyz skill lost abc amount of damage is pointless in the grand scheme of things. Dps guardian was very very sup-par even before the patch, and their issue wasn't that the damage was low it's because their skills are impossible to land. Agility helped relieve that issue a little bit, it doesn't anymore.

You could nerf all guardian damage by 50% and introduce one second quickness on weapon swap and it would be a buff.

there is a big difference in damage and dps.for your 38% dmg nerf I can name pistol 4 that ate 70-80% nerf etc etc.guard wasnt nerf all that hard.

The single biggest guardian nerf was the removal of agility sigil. No other class depended as much in that one second of quickness as guardians did.

power mirage would like to have a word with you, along with power reaper and reveveryone got slap and you keep pretending like you got slapped more then the othersIn fact, power mirage burst combo was made impossible to do against good players by removal of agility.Its not about making it slow/fast, combo is legit impossible anymore.

I'm not debating which classes got the bigger nerfs number wise, I'm just telling you that there are more things to consider than numerical changes. Such as "how did they perform before the patch?", "How did their counters get changed?"

Saying xyz skill lost abc amount of damage is pointless in the grand scheme of things. Dps guardian was very very sup-par even before the patch, and their issue wasn't that the damage was low it's because their skills are impossible to land. Agility helped relieve that issue a little bit, it doesn't anymore.

You could nerf all guardian damage by 50% and introduce one second quickness on weapon swap and it would be a buff.

if you srsl think that then we have nothing to talk about.I srsl hope they gut guard in the way they have been gutting mesmer for months, just to see how people like you react.for every thing you get they would take 10 times over.Be careful what you wish for my man, landing skills with quickness is meaningless if they deal no damage.I felt it first hand on mirage when I played against necro. You can legit land every single ability off cooldown for 1 minute nonstop and still not kill it.There is a point where raw numbers get better then better mechanic. Enjoy raw numbers till you have them