Mesmer or revenant. Wvw roaming.

wiczan.2705

Roaming in WvW largely depends on which tier your server is in. In tier1 and 2 there are no actual roaming anymore, there are groups of 10-15 instead of 1-2. In lower tiers and off-hours you can still cover whole map since there are no enemies around at all.

The Mesmer is better at getting away when things go bad. Stealth and teleport options help a lot. I also see bunch of enemy roamers playing as Mesmers.

Revenant... not sure. Have not see any of them really. And I am not sure which build you have in mind when you say it is great... Condi? Power? I do enjoy Renegade in PoF maps for PvE but I am not sure if it goes that well in WvW too.

@FogLeg.9354 said:The Mesmer is better at getting away when things go bad. Stealth and teleport options help a lot. I also see bunch of enemy roamers playing as Mesmers.

Revenant... not sure. Have not see any of them really. And I am not sure which build you have in mind when you say it is great... Condi? Power? I do enjoy Renegade in PoF maps for PvE but I am not sure if it goes that well in WvW too.

I thought that revenant is better at runing away thanks to phase traversal on 5sec cooldown.I dont care at all about condi bulids. Condi reve feels clunky. Condi mesmer is boring and loses its potential to 1shot people with 2+f1+3 combo. (Which is probably the best thing about mesmer)

Yes but for Revenant its not usually the cooldown that will prevent usage of skills, its the annoying Energy cost on top of cooldown. If you are in the middle of the fight using weapon skills you tend to run out of Energy fast enough so last chance utility skill is not available when needed. Something a Mesmer does not need to worry about.

Anyway, I might be wrong of course, as I am really bad at 1-2 WvW roaming myself.

Archived